IGNORED

Will It Take A Loss

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

We kept the run going yet go 2 points from 6 this week.

We keep that up we will be caught and slide down.

People need forget about this stupid not losing run and we MUST tighten up at the back.

And if we had lost against Bradford and "got back on track" like the OP suggests we would have 3 points this week, just one more than we have but a defeat against us.

People need to realise we are not going to win every game, I would rather we had a drawing streak than a losing streak, had quite enough of this in my 50+ years of watching City.

Performance dipped a little when Smith got injured and we suddenly got less ball and therefore came under more pressure. Yesterday was his first game back and, unsurprisingly, he was not quite as effective at disrupting the opposition as he was three weeks ago ( and will be two weeks from now).

So it's all perfect. There's no worrying trend at the back of how many we concede.

Must be just me then.

You have chosen to distort my comments, it is most certainly NOT perfect, I never said it was so please do not try to say I did. We are not TRYING to concede goals, SC was very clear yesterday that is something we need to improve on, I am simply trying to point out that the OP said it might be good if we lost a game so the pressure would be off and we could "Get back on track". I am trying to say that we will not win every game, we are top, we are unbeaten, we are averaging 2 points per game and if this continues we will be promoted. I'm also said that the absence of Smith had IMHO had a lot to do with us coming under more pressure recently.

You mentioned a trend, but the trend that matters is, with one third of the season gone, we are top and unbeaten, that is a decent number of matches which one can start to draw conclusions from, not three or four, it is just not enough.

If you win at home and draw away you will be promoted, in that context, Orient and Bradford at home are under performances, Sheffield Utd, And our other away wins are over performances. I see the point you are making but please do not try to distort mine

I certainly don't want us to lose a single game - I am yet to go to a game thinking "I hope we don't win this one".

However, if you ask me would I take over the last 2 games of D D or a W L - then I'd point out one returns 3 points, the other gives us 2.

The worrying point for me is I have now seen us look good/comfortable even in first halfs v Walsall, Coventry, MK Dons, Chesterfield, Fleetwood - then for reasons I dunno, we play a totally different team and invite an opposition who have hardly been in the game on most of those occasions to attack us.

We sit deep, way deep and all of a sudden we concede, and then has happened in several other games, we concede again....

We seem to go a goal or two up and then the lights switch off and everyone goes to bed with the burglars still in the house.

Coventry - who were utterly shite v us, we sat back at 0-2 and then a really dire side were back in it with a goal and they came bloody close to making it 2-2.

Fleetwood - we were cruising at 1-3. Then what happens? Sit back, sit back, goal, goal - 1 point from what should have been 3.

MK Dons - everyone who was at that game could see their goal coming, then lo and behold there's another. We sort of do it to ourselves.

My point I am trying to make is that we are top and nobody on here will be happier than I about that - but we keep doing this same thing, keep conceding these goals from our own doing and we'll slip up.

We were top in our own right, nobody could catch us, Preston now can. I hope they don't but that's now out of our hands on them overtaking us.

I think we need to be a little smarter and not continually invite this pressure.

I certainly don't want us to lose a single game - I am yet to go to a game thinking "I hope we don't win this one".

However, if you ask me would I take over the last 2 games of D D or a W L - then I'd point out one returns 3 points, the other gives us 2.

The worrying point for me is I have now seen us look good/comfortable even in first halfs v Walsall, Coventry, MK Dons, Chesterfield, Fleetwood - then for reasons I dunno, we play a totally different team and invite an opposition who have hardly been in the game on most of those occasions to attack us.

We sit deep, way deep and all of a sudden we concede, and then has happened in several other games, we concede again....

We seem to go a goal or two up and then the lights switch off and everyone goes to bed with the burglars still in the house.

Coventry - who were utterly shite v us, we sat back at 0-2 and then a really dire side were back in it with a goal and they came bloody close to making it 2-2.

Fleetwood - we were cruising at 1-3. Then what happens? Sit back, sit back, goal, goal - 1 point from what should have been 3.

MK Dons - everyone who was at that game could see their goal coming, then lo and behold there's another. We sort of do it to ourselves.

My point I am trying to make is that we are top and nobody on here will be happier than I about that - but we keep doing this same thing, keep conceding these goals from our own doing and we'll slip up.

We were top in our own right, nobody could catch us, Preston now can. I hope they don't but that's now out of our hands on them overtaking us.

I think we need to be a little smarter and not continually invite this pressure.

I understand your point Aussie and, of course, cannot refute that there have been times we have let things slip. Yesterday was a mixed bag. Fortunate because we couldn't have complained if we had lost, but also unfortunate in that their first goal bounced off a defender and fell perfectly for the forward ( lovely finish though), if the ball had gone anywhere else it would have been cleared. The penalty was totally needless, the guy was running himself into a cul de sac and Ayling should have left well alone.

We need to defend better, and, like you, I was frustrated how we sat back at Fleetwood. However, after all the **** we saw last year, I'm still loving (almost) every minute of it, draws and all

Archived