IGNORED

An Unprecedented Collapse

The Journalist

During my lifetime, dating back to the old Third Division days, no team has ever held a nine-point-or-better advantage over the team in third place on 1st November and not managed to win promotion.

From here, only an unprecedented collapse stands between us and the Championship.

Now, I appreciate if anyone is capable of pulling off the unprecedented it's us, but from this position promotion will be the only acceptable outcome by the time May swings around.

A brilliant time to be a City fan. Enjoy it.

I don't mean to be negative, but strictly speaking I wouldn't necessarily consider this a 9 point gap because their are five sides with games in hand over us who are 10 points behind or less.

Don't get me wrong though, I am very very confident in the team we have.  

The best collapse that I can remember of recent times, was crapdiff.

Ok, it wasn't in the same context, as they weren't top, but the thought of them only having to avoid a five-nil defeat on the final day of the season to make the play offs...and then losing five nil, will put a large smile on my face every time.

Don't make comparisons with the past. Previously it was only 2 points for a win, so a 9 point gap for City only equates to 6 points for "the olden days". I'm confident but not complacent as it's still only the beginning of November. Some long term injuries at a crucial time can affect any of the teams in the league.

Archived