IGNORED

Player Ratings Vs Oldham

RedRock

Very true, kudos to you but I'm glad have been at the match I thought I saw than the one you did.

Hell, onwards and upwards. You Reds!

Kudos to you to Wolfie. It's nice to have someone who accepts someone else's opinion even if the don't agree with it.

Kudos to you to Wolfie. It's nice to have someone who accepts someone else's opinion even if the don't agree with it.

Fair play Pongo88, the world would be a dull place if we all agreed about everything. The trick is being civilised in our disagreements.

We all want the same thing regarding City after all.

Now I've got to go 'cos I've been on the red wine since getting back from the Gate and being p***** and coherent is a difficult juggling trick.

Which I usually fail, big time.

I'm off to watch MotD and then the League show. No doubt I'll watch City's highlights and think, 'Damn, Pongo88 and KitR were right after all'. :facepalm:

(I'll still prefer the game I thought I saw though). :yes:

It's no coincidence that the two who I felt tired most quickly are our two eldest players. Seriously, we can't rely on Elliot and Wilberforce week in week out, they'll wear themselves out and it increases the likelihood of picking up niggly injuries.

[/quote

Agree.

Elliott worked himself into the ground today, but he isn't getting into forward positions or playing those killer threaded through-balls like he has been earlier in the season. Needs a rest. Hopefully he'll get one for the cup games.

The same match as you. A forum is a place where people with different opinions express them. This concept sometimes seems difficult to understand on the OTIB forum. If there weren't different opinions, each thread would be very dull and short, as the OP would say something and everyone else would just say "+1".

+1

Ok I've just watched the miniscule highlights.

I saw Oldham having one chance and us with a Kieran Agard chance that I'd completely forgotten about.

I stand by my, possibly, other worldly experience. We were the better team, we deserved the win.

Oldham were, by and large crap and anything other than three points would have been a travesty.

Leroy Rosenior appears to know nothing about football despite playing it for ages and Manisch is, well, shite.

Tbh I don't care what the 95 minutes turned out like, we won and that's all I care about.

As I've now progressed from red wine to cider please disregard this post. I'm so drunk I've gotta go play Elite Dangerous.

I hope I've got enough insurance to re-purchase the ship when I inevitably crash it into a space station.

Go you Reds!!

Leroy Rosenior appears to know nothing about football despite playing it for ages and Manisch is, well, shite.

Well said, Wolf! Red wine to cider, eh? You must've been to The Big Store to buy in plenty for tonight's celebration.

http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

Not sure Oldham were cr*p - you might edit that in the morning - but we deserved to win, agreed.

And Leroy knows not a jot about football. He talks such utter pap, cliched, humdrum pap, it's nauseating. It wasn't better when they had Steve Evans on last week, at least he's horrible and one could shout at the tv!

Lucky Pants!

Well said, Wolf! Red wine to cider, eh? You must've been to The Big Store to buy in plenty for tonight's celebration.

http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

Not sure Oldham were cr*p - you might edit that in the morning - but we deserved to win, agreed.

And Leroy knows not a jot about football. He talks such utter pap, cliched, humdrum pap, it's nauseating. It wasn't better when they had Steve Evans on last week, at least he's horrible and one could shout at the tv!

Lucky Pants!

Well I got out of ED cause I really am too p***** to even fly in a straight line.

It's now 3:00 am and I stand by my assertion that Oldham were carp. If we hadn't got the three points it would have

been a travesty.

I ate my pie on the Natch  Wall.  l dunno if that made it taste better but I suspect it did.

There's something wrong with the FL show. Any other team going unbeaten like we have, they'd be all over them

singing their praises and giving them the big one. All we get is, 'They're doing well but...'

Leroy just seems waitng for us to fail so he can say, 'Well they'll need to bounce back from this' or

'We'll see what they're made of now'.

**** him and the rest of the BBC. Bunch of low life C**** if you ask me.

Jeebus, I gotta stop drinking so much.

Go you Reds!!

I agree with you about Leroy Rosenior. I think the problem that affects him is the same that affects many on sport TV programmes. They're afraid to say anything slightly controversial so end up being dull and bland. The exception is Alan Green on radio 5. Unfortunately this has affected his career and he's only recently been allow to occasionally commentate on Match of the Day.

Fielding - 7, controlled his box well, I've noticed he's our first keeper in ages who dominates his box, a lot of good work stopping balls into the box yesterday; both catching and punching.

Little - 7, good going forward, linked up well with the midfielders and effective defensively when goal side. Sometimes gets carried away going forward and needs to track back quicker. Perhaps needs to spend time choosing when to push and when to hold.

Ayling - 8, again defensively sound, think collectively the most balanced defence we've had since I can remember, he as well as Williams are brilliant with the ball at feet, something we've needed in a centre back for a while... Now seems we have two..

Flint - 8, star professional, again someone we've been crying out for, no nonsense, no risks, we know what we will get with flint, passion, a good ball winner and someone who holds the line fantastically.. Also wins evrything in the air... Bar none.

Williams - 5, out of form today, excellent season as of yet but struggled today, was beaten to easily on occasion and distribution was awful... Still a class player and should be back to his best after the long break.. Perhaps tired legs..

Bryan - 6, positionally he's improved the last few games (getting caught forward less)) however I feel similar to luke shaw and his downfall is that these players talents lie in their raw, un-trained approach to the game, he's exciting, energetic and feel these last games Coterill has really been on his back from the touch line making sure he stays back .. Looks like it's hampering joes game IMO

Elliott - 7, sometimes got lost today, quality with the ball and clearly can get the team going, today, like the last few weeks he's given opposition midfielders to much time on the ball especially when we're holding the lead, I know he's played a lot for his age but leaving players approaching the box with time is criminal.

Smith - 7, looks as though he's at 90/95% fitness after his injury, was good again today, workman like as ever and quality at spreading the ball/getting others involved. Linked well with little and Agard yesterday I thought.

Freeman - 7, as with the whole season, technically quality just feels like he has at least another gear. Today when Oldham were pressing he turned the pressure back to them numerous times with quick breaks/good vision on and off the ball.. Want to see more end product in honesty

Wilbraham - 6, as always quality in the air and holding the ball up, brilliant weight on the pass for agards goal and as much as I don't want to see hoofball, a good outlet when the pressures on. Although his game isn't built around getting goals needs to find better positions going forward in the final third as Agard alone makes it to easy to defend against.

Agard - 9, great accurate finish today and very unlucky with the 30 yard chip, great quick thinking for it though. Energetic, ran down countless pointless balls to pressure Oldham and won an unthinkable amount of foot races against numerous members of the Oldham team, in my opinion motm.

Don't think anyone was that special but as with all season, the collectiveness of the team and the belief that we'll win is what will keep us at the right end all season.. I personally still watch thinking we have another gear, maybe two which speaks volumes considering the league table

Fielding - 6 great save, but poor distribution throughout. Missed a catch which we were lucky to get away with.

Little - 7

Flint - 7

Williams - 6 one of Derek's poorest games.

Ayling -7

Bryan - 7

Smith - 7

Elliott - 8 Robbo construction MOTM. Tireless, worked so hard for the team and, as ever, belied his years.

Freeman -6 busy as ever, but faded near the end. Should've been subbed earlier.

Wilbraham -7

Agard - 7

Subs not on long enough to rate.

Exactly how my eyes saw it. 

Archived