IGNORED

Today's Win Is Dedicated To...

handsofclay

That's a bit OTT the other way. I don't think anyone was trying to spread doom and gloom at all, however you can't sit there happy clapping and ignoring the fact we were leaking goals at a rate of 2 a game for the last 6/7

For what it's worth I'm very happy with the clean sheet...

How easy it is to say that when we've won! Oh dear. Will that still be true when we do lose?

I think op is right tbh....would much prefer an unchanged side used to playing together every week than consistently chopping and changing....Chelsea have had pretty much the same team all season as well bar costas injury and they ain't doing too bad either....the fact is this starting 11 is the best we have on paper, and I don't think anyone can come up with a constructive argument as to why any of them should be dropped....16 games unbeaten and baring baldock for Agard in first 4 games have we been unchanged at all?.

I would imagine the posters who were out in force advocating changes last week and getting a tad sensitive when other fans had a dig at them would've been on here in great numbers today had we lost with the I told you so guff.

I have nothing against these fellow supporters, just keep it under your hat, keep your mouths shut, unless it  is to cheer on the lads and enjoy the ride.

I think op is right tbh....would much prefer an unchanged side used to playing together every week than consistently chopping and changing....Chelsea have had pretty much the same team all season as well bar costas injury and they ain't doing too bad either....the fact is this starting 11 is the best we have on paper, and I don't think anyone can come up with a constructive argument as to why any of them should be dropped....16 games unbeaten and baring baldock for Agard in first 4 games have we been unchanged at all?.

I think it's all down to manager SIMs where all you CAN do is change lineups and formations.

It's not being a doubter to say that we want to strengthen the defence because we've not had a clean sheet in 8 consecutive games. This club has sat on what it has rather than pushing forward in the past and for once I don't want us doing that this season, I want us to say "hey we're doing amazing but let's not say that's good enough and instead push to improve in the areas that we can". 

Today's result is exactly what we've needed, a clean sheet without scoring a lot of goals, it shows we can keep the opposition from scoring and win games without having to put 2-3 goals past the opposition. I just hope now we look to continue getting clean sheets, obviously not every game but certainly not going an entire month without one.

That's a bit OTT the other way. I don't think anyone was trying to spread doom and gloom at all, however you can't sit there happy clapping and ignoring the fact we were leaking goals at a rate of 2 a game for the last 6/7

For what it's worth I'm very happy with the clean sheet...

Not happy clapping at all, the point is leaking 2 a game and still top of the league, I just believe that some fans are disrespectful about the fact that there are 2 teams on the field at anyone time, look at todays results for instance some complained about only gaining a point at Rochdale, I suspect PNE might have liked a point today, Rochdale are a very good team and Walsall winning at a vastly improved Notts County, Walsall have proved that they are not a bad side so perhaps a draw there wasn't so bad and of course the point at Barnsley? they won today at another improving side Sheff Utd.

I suggested changing to 4 at the back to try and fix the amount of goals conceded recently, before it costs us. Absolutely delighted to have been proved wrong that the team have kept a very good clean sheet today in the same formation. Hopefully this won't be a one off and we can keep a few more over the coming games!

I would imagine the posters who were out in force advocating changes last week and getting a tad sensitive when other fans had a dig at them would've been on here in great numbers today had we lost with the I told you so guff.

I have nothing against these fellow supporters, just keep it under your hat, keep your mouths shut, unless it is to cheer on the lads and enjoy the ride.

Yep, and whilst I never advocated widespread change, I didn't aire my concerns at the rate we are conceding. Cotts has proved us wrong and tightened it up - well done to him!!

Had we lost, there's an element of us "doubters" or whatever you wanna call us being right. Although I dislike an "I told you so" attitude regardless, hindsights a wonderful thing.

I have nothing against these fellow supporters, just keep it under your hat, keep your mouths shut, unless it is to cheer on the lads and enjoy the ride.

Blimey.

Keep your mouths shut?

I appreciate results are everything ultimately. I do however enjoy discussing the game, what went well etc, whatever the result. The vast majority making comments about changes were starting such a debate. My memory is that the concensus seemed to be stick with the same side, but be prepared to make some changes earlier if things are not going so well.

I have said it before, but there is also a brigade who seems to think OTIB should simply be a link to the league table, with a 'there, that is how we are playing' note.

I do not know, but I suspect if I went on a Real Madrid forum there may still be discussions about how they have played, even when winning. Today we sounded much more on our game - almost regardless of the result. The standard answer of some that there is this wall of fans just waiting for the team to fail is also guff.

Great effort by the team. If, and its still a big if, we go up this year, will we allowed to debate where we may need to strengthen for the new season, without being seen as negative, or would you rather we all just shut our mouths?

Sorry for being OTT by asking anyone wishing to post negative thoughts to keep your mouths shut. I guess it's the sort of we have nothing to fear except fear itself mentality so when posters come on to air their negative thoughts, even though they are trying to be constructive, I think they are adding to the negative vibes and doing the opposing teams jobs for them. 

Although I'm not a great fan of Stalin, I can see the sense in not allowing criticism at home to detract from the achievements of the team. The Soviet Union would not have been such a force had Stalin allowed dissent from within to corrode it.

Fair play to all those who have come on here and stated that they were glad to be proved wrong. 

Sorry for being OTT by asking anyone wishing to post negative thoughts to keep your mouths shut. I guess it's the sort of we have nothing to fear except fear itself mentality so when posters come on to air their negative thoughts, even though they are trying to be constructive, I think they are adding to the negative vibes and doing the opposing teams jobs for them. 

Although I'm not a great fan of Stalin, I can see the sense in not allowing criticism at home to detract from the achievements of the team. The Soviet Union would not have been such a force had Stalin allowed dissent from within to corrode it.

Fair play to all those who have come on here and stated that they were glad to be proved wrong.

The one thing this team does show, is when the chips are down, by golly they fight hard.

This is shaping up to be a great season. We can still dream it will be a truely historic one.

Fair play to them.

Bear in mind that nothing we say on here has any effect on the team. This is the place to discuss and debate our performances and that includes positives and negatives and realistically unless you are winning 4/5-0 every week then there will always be a couple of "negatives" that can be discussed. Or to put it another way, things that can be improved.

I don't believe there is anyone on here looking forward to us losing just to be "right" on an anonymous forum.

We all know whats going to happen.

With every win these fans get more and more bitter.

Eventually they are set to burst so when city "only" finish tenth in the championship they pipe up way too loud and its bye bye Gary Johnson Steve Cotterill

There out to be a corollary of Godwin's law for people who drag Joe Stalin into a debate ;)

Archived