IGNORED

The War On Drugs

Kid in the Riot

Im not sure where I stand on legalisation for all drugs. One thing that needs to change is the information given to people. We need to educate better and not think about it in a ignorant way. In my opinion cannabis should be made legal, medically it has so many benefits its unfair that people don't get the choice to self medicate that way. Recreational use would also bring a huge amount of money into the economy which would improve the NHS, we can't police it so why not make money from it when its no more harmful than things already legal. We are so far behind over countries in research and action its a crime in itself.

:D Well hold the front page for this "smokey live advocates cannabis use" exclusive.

To be fair, I'm sitting out the legalise/not legalise debate, myself.

However, never could an illegal drug be more informally decriminalised than cannabis right now, still dodgy for dealers and distributors obviously.

Research into the affects on mental health is inconclusive. Stoners do not behave anti-socially like pissheads do, the only grief you'll get is if they can't get a smoke. The therapeutic usage re arthritis etc is also valid. I would love the day a doctor prescribes a spliff for a stressed out patient, though.

Difference is alcohol was not illegal in the first place, it is a food source. Drugs are another thing entirely.... I mean bloody horse tranquilizer to bring you down from a high. Drugs have warnings against them and disclaimers when being treated for poor health. How can their be disclaimers out there for partying? All drugs can lead to death... Even a simple asprin. So to put out drugs for people to get high is crazy, and tantamount mount to risk assessed manslaughter.

Big difference to alcohol and certainly a damn sight different to drugs intended to help people.

Sorry, too much responsibility is put on people other than the user.

Tens of thousands of people die each year from alcohol. You have to realise that it is a drug, just one our society - but not all societies - designates legal.

Most drugs have potential health issues if they are misused, but these issues are made worse when distribution is put in the hands of criminals who adulterate what they sell to boost profits.

When the US tried to prohibit alcohol you saw a massive rise in organised crime - the "gangster era" - and still the booze got in, people ignored the law and it weakened their respect for it.

Eventually it was realised that alcohol prohibition didn't work. And nor does the narcotic prohibition. It simply feeds crime, causes deaths and has actually destroyed whole countries.

Tens of thousands of people die each year from alcohol. You have to realise that it is a drug, just one our society - but not all societies - designates legal.

Most drugs have potential health issues if they are misused, but these issues are made worse when distribution is put in the hands of criminals who adulterate what they sell to boost profits.

When the US tried to prohibit alcohol you saw a massive rise in organised crime - the "gangster era" - and still the booze got in, people ignored the law and it weakened their respect for it.

Eventually it was realised that alcohol prohibition didn't work. And nor does the narcotic prohibition. It simply feeds crime, causes deaths and has actually destroyed whole countries.

Hi Red-Robbo,

I 'liked' your post, but I must confess that I have my doubts concerning your views on prohibition (whether it be tobacco, alcohol or drugs).

I shall endeavour to post a more detailed response at a later date.

Hi Red-Robbo,

I 'liked' your post, but I must confess that I have my doubts concerning your views on prohibition (whether it be tobacco, alcohol or drugs).

I shall endeavour to post a more detailed response at a later date.

Like Nibor I'm not in favour of unrestricted access to drugs. Thing is, when you legalise something you can impose controls on its distribution. When you leave it's distribution in the hands of gangsters anyone will sell anything to anyone.

Archived