IGNORED

Ashton Gate Update: A Look Of The New South Stand Structure

WTMS

Excuse me but what I mean is IF as many think there will be concessions made to the rugby in terms of stadium identity which is detrimental to the history and identity if BCFC then it ain't gonna be only this forum that will suddenly become negative and angry. The fickle nature of football supporters will will out and that will be noticable on match days. That COULD have an affect in the team.

Im sorry, however you try to explain it, you are still suggesting a few images of a stand or a misconception of what the stand will look like will somehow manifest itself to affecting the teams performance......absolute poppyc0ck

YES!. Would put all this speculation to bed once and for all.

"all this speculation" is being generated by a minority of posters on this forum who appear to be creating their very own self-fulfilling prophecy

That's laughable. Especially from somebody who questioned the club regarding images only a matter of days ago.

Plenty of fans don't follow this club because we've won a few games (and no I'm not suggesting that's you), for some, off the pitch means a lot more than on it - genuinely.

A new ground/redevelopment is needed, sadly that's life but the way the communication has be handled by BS/BCFC has been nigh on insulting. Against the grain, maybe, I'm a fan of SL and I agree we are lucky to have him. But within the club and the wider group it feels like BCFC fans are now outsiders.

That's laughable. Especially from somebody who questioned the club regarding images only a matter of days ago.

What's laughable is this thread and the continued hysteria of some about images, seat colour, consultation and BCFC fans been outsiders?....what??

As for my post to Dave L, yet again, read it.......I was requesting further explanation as to why there has been a delay not the fact there has been a delay.......there's a difference

Plenty of fans don't follow this club because we've won a few games (and no I'm not suggesting that's you), for some, off the pitch means a lot more than on it - genuinely.

:blink:what does this even mean??

A new ground/redevelopment is needed, sadly that's life but the way the communication has be handled by BS/BCFC has been nigh on insulting. Against the grain, maybe, I'm a fan of SL and I agree we are lucky to have him. But within the club and the wider group it feels like BCFC fans are now outsiders.

"A new ground/redevelopment is needed, sadly that's life"........why sadly? Surely its essential for our future or have we managed to find the crux of certain posters mindset, that no matter what the stand looks like or offers, they will dislike it because its not the "East End"?

Yep it's pretty exciting and amazing to see the stairs that fans will be using in the new stand already in place.

I'm hoping they produce a special video for the lowering in of the bogs.

In fact I'm hoping that the only blue is in the bowl of the bogs and urinals, blue with white quarters.

I haven't been consulted re choice of shitter, so am just hoping for the best.

I haven't been consulted re choice of shitter, so am just hoping for the best.

Well, fans were very clear they didn't want a bowl design so we're cleary going to get individual urinals

You may well be consulted on the direction of the water when flushed............................as long as its anti-clockwise

The erm Arena (good name by the way) isn't floundering, designs have now been submitted and a choice will be made within the next few months before going to tender.

AG will only have a small head start.

I went by Temple Meads on top deck of a bus just a couple of weeks ago and there was quite a lot of activity on the Arena site. I think they had to wait until a bridge was built for access for the heavy machinery but it certainly was beginning to look like a building site.

"A new ground/redevelopment is needed, sadly that's life"........why sadly? Surely its essential for our future or have we managed to find the crux of certain posters mindset, that no matter what the stand looks like or offers, they will dislike it because its not the "East End"?

That's your own agenda right there - of course we need new facilities and yes it is a shame because it takes away that football feel. The stand could look great but again nobody knows.

I have little more to add, I've made my point, I stand by it. Fans deserve better communication especially as consultation was promised - I'd like to know why that has failed.

Couldn't care less about the photo, what really matters is how impressive I think the new stand will be, the facilities they are talking about providing; sports bar, coffee shop, super store, don't interest me one bit but I still think it's a brilliant idea.

Will I use the facilities? Probably not, but many will and I think a sports bar that houses 260 people seated is a massive improvement to what we have and could work well as a stand alone business in the area.

It would be a shame if such a bar was only open on match days and wasn't utilised through the working week, a little like the Dutch club houses that the likes of Ajax, FC Utrecht etc have, a home for supporters to watch other televised games and organise BCFC related social events.

Bristol Rugby are in the 2nd tier of their discipline are doing well out of us. Last year at the Memorial Stadium quagmire they averaged a staggering average home attendance of 5,808.

They are now using our beautiful pitch (hate to think what it will be like in february despite all the assurances)

They are top of the Championship league (they must have learnt something from us)

Now all of a sudden their fans are portrayed by the people building the new South Stand at Ashton Gate as equal partners. Oops somebody wasn't adequately briefed

Lets not let the poor relation tenants get above themselves. Got a bad feeling about this.

The pitch will be fine. Swansea have a desso pitch and theirs is always immaculate despite sharing with the Ospreys. I lived there for three years and it could not possibly rain more. If it works there it'll work here.

Bristol have finished top of the Championship several times in recent years and been undone by the ridiculous playoff system so their being top is nothing new.

Couldn't care less about the photo, what really matters is how impressive I think the new stand will be, the facilities they are talking about providing; sports bar, coffee shop, super store, don't interest me one bit but I still think it's a brilliant idea.

Will I use the facilities? Probably not, but many will and I think a sports bar that houses 260 people seated is a massive improvement to what we have and could work well as a stand alone business in the area.

It would be a shame if such a bar was only open on match days and wasn't utilised through the working week, a little like the Dutch club houses that the likes of Ajax, FC Utrecht etc have, a home for supporters to watch other televised games and organise BCFC related social events.

It will hopefully stop a lot of people going to the Tobacco Factory :P

Well, fans were very clear they didn't want a bowl design so we're cleary going to get individual urinals

You may well be consulted on the direction of the water when flushed............................as long as its anti-clockwise

So safe standing has been given the go ahead then?

That's your own agenda right there - of course we need new facilities and yes it is a shame because it takes away that football feel. The stand could look great but again nobody knows.

I have little more to add, I've made my point, I stand by it. Fans deserve better communication especially as consultation was promised - I'd like to know why that has failed.

My agenda???

"of course we need new facilities and yes it is a shame because it takes away that football feel".................how on earth can you know that......again, you are pre-judging something that isn't even built yet. No image or video will provide you with the "feel" of the stand 

Rather than get all wound up about a few images, why not wait until the stand is built and you experience it before you poo-poo the whole development

I'd definitely use the facilities - I steer well clear of what is termed "facilities" at AG and wouldn't dream of buying grub or beer in the ground as its shite. But I'm expecting the new facilities to be top stuff with grub to match.

I may even use the stand itself rather than my usual Dolman view, but I'm planning on using the new Williams longer term.

The only reason I wouldn't use the new facilities is because I prefer a few drinks with a chosen few away from the ground, I like to get in and out asap, new facilities wouldn't keep me their any longer, but for me thats because of logistics.

If I were local to Ashton Gate then I may be swayed to stay a little longer, however the bar that is being proposed only seats 260? So I'd imagine I'd be hard pressed to get in anyway, especially as I would expect the club to show preference to season ticket holders.

I went by Temple Meads on top deck of a bus just a couple of weeks ago and there was quite a lot of activity on the Arena site. I think they had to wait until a bridge was built for access for the heavy machinery but it certainly was beginning to look like a building site.

Ahh, that explains the longterm road closure of Cattle Market Rd (alongside & under BTMeads and the old Royal Mail eyesore entrance) then... The Arena! .

I've seen and heard talk of this proposed Arena development but didn't make the connect with the road closure (thought it might be due to rail tunnel works or something) so its really happening at last -blimey after so many false starts, pie in the sky plans and more hot air than an average party political conference season... decades of nothing concrete ever happening around the 'arena dream'... We've finally got the makings of A Bridge Over Troubled Water actually underway then.... Who'd have thought? ...

Dare we dream that at long last The Bristol Arena will become a reality?, Cattle Market road closed for a real reason & not just to frustrate the motorists of GeorgeTown for a change. Hmmm, breath held.

Cheers for that RedM -despite

Can we not just enjoy the fact that we're having a nice new stadium paid for us by our chairman?  Do we really have the right to complain? Just enjoy it, we're a bloody lucky set of fans. MOAN, MOAN, MOAN. I have no idea why SL bothers to be honest.

The Arena hasn't even gone through planning stage yet - maybe some works related to the enterprise zone possibly but the actual part of the old Bath Road depot the Arena is going on is currently some sort of greenhouse/organic project.

Watching that Bristol Sport clip was just facinating. I don't know about other fans but I'm soooo excited about the re-development.

I might even drive by AG just have a look.

Think you need to take a bucket of cold water when you do RR, just in cased the excitement gets too much!

The bar will surely open 7 days a week as you say. As it's seated I'm thinking it'll be like Horts in town where you can book tables for you and your mates in front of a big screen for big sporting events. Obviously it could function as a normal bar at the same time so you would be able to walk in and have a pint...

The Arena hasn't even gone through planning stage yet - maybe some works related to the enterprise zone possibly but the actual part of the old Bath Road depot the Arena is going on is currently some sort of greenhouse/organic project.

As we speak, there is a bridge being built from cattle market road to the "arena" site for the purposes of building the arena and associated developments and ultimatley for everday access to the arena

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Work-starts-11m-bridge-Bristol-s-arena-site/story-21153720-detail/story.html

That's also the main reason why cattlemarket road is closed as well as the diversion of services.

That doesn't mean we are guarenteed the arena......the red-panted freak could still fudge that up, however, everything is now moving quickly in the direction of an arena being in operation by 2017

As we speak, there is a bridge being built from cattle market road to the "arena" site for the purposes of building the arena and associated developments and ultimatley for everday access to the arena

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Work-starts-11m-bridge-Bristol-s-arena-site/story-21153720-detail/story.html

That's also the main reason why cattlemarket road is closed as well as the diversion of services.

That doesn't mean we are guarenteed the arena......the red-panted freak could still fudge that up, however, everything is now moving quickly in the direction of an arena being in operation by 2017

Don't doubt it'll go ahead, but I think it's going to come in at more cost that originally estimated. Like most things in this City!

Archived