IGNORED

Good Article In The Daily Mail

CiderJar

They fail on a daily basis, but this article, with the snappy title "Bristol City are the only unbeaten side left in the Football League... and it's all thanks to Steve Cotterill's innovative tactics", is a good read (but then I'm biased).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2819110/Bristol-City-unbeaten-left-Football-League-s-thanks-Steve-Cotterill-s-innovative-tactics.html

Good read, cheers.

It is refreshing to see genuine innovation in the lower leagues [three defenders at the back] , and with it a real gamble paying off.

The tactical success of Holland and Costa Rica at the World Cup may not have had the impact expected by some on the top flight, but it's influencing things in the third tier.

Well thats not something you hear every day!

But true. The guardian obviously had interviews with SC and SL. I only saw photos on twitter of the sun article, but it appeared to cover two pages (albeit with several pics as well) and again they appeared to have interviewed SL. The Daily Mail on the other hand seems to have rehashed what is already known with as minimal effort/cost as possible.

Thought it was a poor article - i don't think our system mirrors Hollands for a start. Implies Sheffield United were heavy favourites and us being top is a bit of an upset - I would say pre season predictions were us/Sheffield United. Says freeman is a striker?! Overall fairly poorly researched but nice to see positive press!

Thought it was a poor article - i don't think our system mirrors Hollands for a start. Implies Sheffield United were heavy favourites and us being top is a bit of an upset - I would say pre season predictions were us/Sheffield United. Says freeman is a striker?! Overall fairly poorly researched but nice to see positive press!

Not the most insightful piece, but it doesn't say Freeman is a striker - more that he was part of an attacking trio of signings

But true. The guardian obviously had interviews with SC and SL. I only saw photos on twitter of the sun article, but it appeared to cover two pages (albeit with several pics as well) and again they appeared to have interviewed SL. The Daily Mail on the other hand seems to have rehashed what is already known with as minimal effort/cost as possible.

How unlike our beloved local rag...

Ah, but you're not unbeaten and Cooper doesn't have lucky underpants - so no one cares how you play

Hopefully they will be 5h!ty underpants after we've played them!

We started playing 3-5-2 in O'Driscoll's last game so we weren't influenced by Holland or Costa Rica at all.

Mind you, if SOD explained it then it would have been double Dutch, so the Holland influence  was there alright.

Archived