IGNORED

Fa Youth Cup Exit

candygram for mongo

Didn't we get quite far last season but Accrington seemingly had a good side?

I can't remember where I read it but is it true that the usual U18's have been moved up to the 21's this year and therefore out U18's are much younger than most other teams in the division? Maybe not last night as I noticed the likes of Fry and Morrell in the team, but they've both been playing for the U21's quite a bit.

I can't remember where I read it but is it true that the usual U18's have been moved up to the 21's this year and therefore out U18's are much younger than most other teams in the division? Maybe not last night as I noticed the likes of Fry and Morrell in the team, but they've both been playing for the U21's quite a bit.

I believe that's the case. Both the development squad and the U18s are relatively young compared to some of the teams they play. That ought to stabilise over time as the players get older though. The first team is already well stocked with young talent so hopefully by the time new players are needed the 18 year olds in the development squad will have plenty of experience. That's the idea anyway.

Having said that, with a Level 2 academy, we should consider ourselves to be one of the better clubs in the land at youth level, so this sort of early exit mustn't become acceptable.

Why wasn't Battan,Bishop and Monelle playing is it because they are too old ?

Reading the Twitter feed from lastnight sounds like the lad lemonhay evans missed a bucket full of chances.

The club will not be happy at such an early exit as they get a bonus for every round that they progress through . 

Archived