IGNORED

What Roads Do You Walk Along To Reach Ashton Gate?

Talk Of The Town

Like Mandela, I walk the long road to Ashton - no, that's not right is it? :dunno:

As for Latin, I am fluent. Or should that be: "I ut profluenter Latine loqui" ?

I'm used as a business translator with A Roman firm dealing in time-travel machines.

I dropped in on 1905 the other day, the message from the lads on that run is that they are delighted we're doing so well right now as well.

Left out some of the more depressing info between then and now as I didn't want to upset them.  Did tell them all about John Atyeo, though.  You could see Billy Wedlock was in awe, hearing about a fellow legend.

Told them about the gas but all context was lost about the hilarity of them being non-league as that's all they know right now anyway, bless 'em. 

17kw9q1rsddqogif.gif

Vertute et industrial

Well mentioned EEOB- forgot bout this special brand of Bristolian Latin:

Oh, Virtute et Industrial, Cardiff's now much nearer

They'm gonna print that Evening Post in Welsh to make things clearer

Virtute et Industrial, sing "Nostra Yakki Da"

Virtute et Industrial, wast think of 'ee, Ooh Arr!

With one-way streets and flyovers, we know which way we'm facin'

Hast seen our brand new bridge, up there in Cumberland Basin?

The cars go by like thunder, and up and round and under,

Where they goes, nobody knows, tain't no bleedin' wonder!

amo amas amant amamus amatis amant   I had to write it out for an hour in detention at fairfield in1962 as I didnt hear the teacher giving it to us as homework, well ? who would with your transistor on and listening to horace Batchelor from K.E.Y.N.S.H.A.M via your ear piece :ph34r::sad26:

is he related to Unan?

OK, this just popped into my head, haven't done it myself but no doubt there's a few cup-tied Otibers out there with nothing much to do today.

So (I've no idea if this will work) The challenge is to imagine a walking route to Ashton gate using roads in alphabetical order only.

Starting from anywhere in the Greater Bristol area - furthest walk wins.

Off you go then, see you at the Gate. :)

OK, this just popped into my head, haven't done it myself but no doubt there's a few cup-tied Otibers out there with nothing much to do today.

So (I've no idea if this will work) The challenge is to imagine a walking route to Ashton gate using roads in alphabetical order only.

Duckmoor Road-Raynes Road....you have now arrived at your destination.

Beat that.

Stupid question.

Archived