IGNORED

Next Up: Tuesday V Wimbledon, Football League Trophy.

cityexile

Obviously lots of talk about next Saturday, and virtually none on our next game, which tells its own story.

They are pottering along in Div 2, but with two of that leagues higher scorers in Tubbs and a certain Akinfenwa, the latter who could be nicknamed the first!

Cannot help feeling two extended cup runs is one to many, and pretty sure we will see a lot of changes again from the 'first 11', would also like to see Elliott get a rest. Balancing the risks that come from any extra game against giving some of the squad some very valuable game time.

Easy to say we should win, but they won in the last round against MK (although appreciate there was some extra spice there!).

Above all else hope we pick up no injuries, suspensions. Going 3-1 us, 4,000 attendance, but if its another Oxford, not the end of the world. Much rather win on Saturday, others may disagree, and in truth not a case of one or the other.

Views?

I believe in the Football League trophy there is a rule which says that so many players from recent league games must play. I fully expect to see those who were rested for the FA Cup game to come back in with the other league regulars given the night off.

I might be wrong, but think the rule is so many changes from the last match, which in our case was the FAC. That gives us a lot of flexability.

Think the team will be close to this

Fielding

Waggy

EL_Abd

Flint

Williams

Bryan

Pack

Smith

JET

Wilbs

Burns

Williams, Bryan, Smith & Wilbs back in after sitting out the weekend. Flint as the centre of the back 3 prob doesn't do as much running as Williams or Ayling so will probably play again and leave Waggy in to give Little more time to recover from his strain.

Do the FFP rules, or whatever it is we play under, apply for each season discretely?  If so, the turnover from reaching the JPT final is just a get out of jail card for a team that has overspent isn't it?  A well run club will be within it's targeted turnover ratio which won't include the JPT final and so although the cash would be welcome, it doesn't really make a lot of difference does it?

Do the FFP rules, or whatever it is we play under, apply for each season discretely?  If so, the turnover from reaching the JPT final is just a get out of jail card for a team that has overspent isn't it?  A well run club will be within it's targeted turnover ratio which won't include the JPT final and so although the cash would be welcome, it doesn't really make a lot of difference does it?

Not that I am an expert but I always took FFP to be judged on income/outgoing of the previous season, in a retrospective sense (ie/you had x amount come into your club during 2013/14 so you can legally spend Y amount in 14/15). In which case, a JPT Final would be in our interests.

Not that I am an expert but I always took FFP to be judged on income/outgoing of the previous season, in a retrospective sense (ie/you had x amount come into your club during 2013/14 so you can legally spend Y amount in 14/15). In which case, a JPT Final would be in our interests.

Thanks.  That would make sense.

Cotterill seemed to say afterwards that Osborne wasn't really fit enough to play on Saturday, which makes you wonder why Wynter wasn't a sub instead...

Wilbraham aside and Cunningham playing again I think "Gillies" side will be very close, with either Agard or Freeman having to start in order to give our top scorer a proper rest.

Cotterill seemed to say afterwards that Osborne wasn't really fit enough to play on Saturday, which makes you wonder why Wynter wasn't a sub instead...

Wilbraham aside and Cunningham playing again I think "Gillies" side will be very close, with either Agard or Freeman having to start in order to give our top scorer a proper rest.

Isn't Wynter on loan at Portsmouth?

Archived