IGNORED

John Cleese An Evening With!

REDOXO

Well quite.

And if a neat little musical parallel where needed, the Rolling Stones haven't made a great album since 1972 (or perhaps 1976, if we're being generous).

Beethoven hasn't written anything decent since 1823. And Turner hasn't painted anything worth looking at since 1851.

Perhaps debilitating illness might have something to do with that, just a thought.

PS:- Just to clarify here, Connolly never said that about Cleese, it was a comment he made many years ago in his act.

Has he had a debilitating illness his whole career by any chance?!?  

I appreciate that comedy and what people find funny is very subjective, but for me, I cannot ever recall laughing any time I've seen anything of Billy Connolly...

As for Cleese, I would be interested to know the last game he made it down to and where did he sit in the ground?

Also.....I heard long ago about some missing unaired FT episodes - any truth?  If so, have they been found/will they ever see the light of day?

Has he had a debilitating illness his whole career by any chance?!?  

I appreciate that comedy and what people find funny is very subjective, but for me, I cannot ever recall laughing any time I've seen anything of Billy Connolly...

As for Cleese, I would be interested to know the last game he made it down to and where did he sit in the ground?

Also.....I heard long ago about some missing unaired FT episodes - any truth?  If so, have they been found/will they ever see the light of day?

Much of it is old hat but "An audience with..." has something in it for everyone, if you haven't seen it.

Perhaps debilitating illness might have something to do with that, just a thought.

PS:- Just to clarify here, Connolly never said that about Cleese, it was a comment he made many years ago in his act.

Nothing to do with illness, he's been unfunny for a long time. I don't mind swearing, but the last time I saw him literally ever other word was a swear word. Kind of distracts from what he's saying. Loved him as a kid, made me laugh more than just about anyone I can remember

Nothing to do with illness, he's been unfunny for a long time. I don't mind swearing, but the last time I saw him literally ever other word was a swear word. Kind of distracts from what he's saying. Loved him as a kid, made me laugh more than just about anyone I can remember

I can't forget Connolly's comments about Ken Bigley, totally out of order

Much of it is old hat but "An audience with..." has something in it for everyone, if you haven't seen it.

The guy buying incontinence pants and wearing them to a club has me laughing just thinking about it..

As this is going OT a little.....

I've always liked Billy Connolly but I did wonder what he thought he was up to during the campaign for Scottish Independence when he was Spouting off for the 'Yes' vote..... as he lives in New York and wasn't allowed a vote.

I thought he'd said he was staying out of the debate as he didn't want to sway opinion?  Although he did say he had more in common with a Liverpudlian docker than someone from the Highlands, which sound more of a No than a Yes.

I thought he'd said he was staying out of the debate as he didn't want to sway opinion?  Although he did say he had more in common with a Liverpudlian docker than someone from the Highlands, which sound more of a No than a Yes.

The day before the vote, he was quoted on TV but please don't ask me to find the 'Sauce'

Sean Connery's another that always pushes for independence.......living in the Bahamas :facepalm:

Archived