IGNORED

Aaron Wilbraham And Another Member Of Our Club

Bobby Reid

I have had a very intense and aggressive argument with a member of the board, it was about 9/10 months ago - and I haven't been to the gate since. To cut a long story short, last season I paid a lot of money for a parking bay inside of the gate and this member of the board had decided to park his car in my place - having asked somebody I get it moved I was told to contact the club the following Monday and that the car wouldn't be moved due to the fact it was his. He then came out and asked the problem. One thing led to another and he refused to move it and said and I quote "it's okay, we don't need your money anyway" and walked off. I had the last laugh anyway, but we won't discuss that!!

Quite honestly, the bloke was a cock.

But just to level things out

Aaron Wilbraham. What a fantastic bloke. Sunday evening out of Birmingham New Street (I now live in B'ham) back to Bristol. Packed train, like you can barely breathe. Some big bastard hit me with his bag by accident. Saw it was Wilbs and didn't mention anything because he was in decent form (this was the day after Walsall away)

I tweeted about it, then 20 minutes later he's come walking down the train and said hi mate, my mate sent me this tweet with my name in it and said I've come down to say sorry.

Terrific bloke(without sounding like Redknapp). He seemed quite taken aback that I didn't really give a shit he had spoken to me and I wasn't a crazy fan and then we got talking normally about life(god I sound like a psychologist)! Turns out he has family here so stayed with them and travelled back Sunday.

On footballing terms - we tried to sign him when we had SOD last year on loan but Pulis didn't approve it. This year he had 2 contract offers from Coventry and Birmingham but Birmingham didn't offer him first team football and he considered Coventry... Until he met Cotts in a hotel in Dubai. They got talking and they had dinner together and their partners joined them and he said after that it was a no brainer.

He also commented on how he was particularly shit and we were poor against Walsall because it's a small pitch which didn't allow us to play expansive football

Also he was very confident of promotion because of the team spirit.

2 very different tails from our club. Thought both should be told.

I have had a very intense and aggressive argument with a member of the board, it was about 9/10 months ago - and I haven't been to the gate since. To cut a long story short, last season I paid a lot of money for a parking bay inside of the gate and this member of the board had decided to park his car in my place - having asked somebody I get it moved I was told to contact the club the following Monday and that the car wouldn't be moved due to the fact it was his. He then came out and asked the problem. One thing led to another and he refused to move it and said and I quote "it's okay, we don't need your money anyway" and walked off. I had the last laugh anyway, but we won't discuss that!!

But just to level things out

Aaron Wilbraham. What a fantastic bloke. Sunday evening out of Birmingham New Street (I now live in B'ham) back to Bristol. Packed train, like you can barely breathe. Some big bastard hit me with his bag by accident. Saw it was Wilbs and didn't mention anything because he was in decent form (this was the day after Walsall away)

I tweeted about it, then 20 minutes later he's come walking down the train and said hi mate, my mate sent me this tweet with my name in it and said I've come down to say sorry.

Terrific bloke(without sounding like Redknapp). He seemed quite taken aback that I didn't really give a shit he had spoken to me and I wasn't a crazy fan and then we got talking normally about life(god I sound like a psychologist)! Turns out he has family here so stayed with them and travelled back Sunday.

On footballing terms - we tried to sign him when we had SOD last year on loan but Pulis didn't approve it. This year he had 2 contract offers from Coventry and Birmingham but Birmingham didn't offer him first team football and he considered Coventry... Until he met Cotts in a hotel in Dubai. They got talking and they had dinner together and their partners joined them and he said after that it was a no brainer.

He also commented on how he was particularly shit and we were poor against Walsall because it's a small pitch which didn't allow us to play expansive football

Also he was very confident of promotion because of the team spirit.

2 very different tails from our club. Thought both should be told.

Any need for the bold bit? Not sure psychologist is the right word.

Swallow your pride, you are missing a great ride this year. Life is such that some people are cocks and will always be cocks, let that be their problem not yours. Get back down the gate and start enjoying your footsie again.

200 mile round trip nowadays and I have a little'un on the way, must start saving!

The correct thing to do in this case is to park bumper to bumper with him, make sure your handbrake is firmly on, then leave a note on his car, go to the pub, get a cab home and pick your car up in the morning.

Did you not ask Wilbs about his opinion of the other said person, to see if perhaps you had crossed wires or caught them on a bad day..?

No need to mention specifics, just ask what he thought of the mystery person.

Anyway, I think Wilbs deserves a pay rise if he can't afford a first class train ticket.

• Admin

I can't get my head around if you are on a packed train and someone inadvertently hits you with a bag unbeknownst to them, famous or not, why on earth would you tweet it?

I was more intrigued why the story was posted now ?

Walsall was 6 weeks ago . . . .

Anyway, don't keep away due to one incident - get back down the gate - or get to a game a bit nearer home

Archived