IGNORED

England, Tour Around The Country Or Stay At Home?

Lack of Action Man

This is a two point post I've been thinking of bringing up for a while now, firstly should the England team tour around the country choosing venues suitable to the caliber of the opposition or should they play all matches at Wembley?

Secondly, would the redeveloped Ashton Gate be suitable as a base for the England 21s? Suitable capacity and the latest facilities for fans and players, plus the south west is an area where the profile of football needs raising, what better way than having the English young guns down here? Could also be a money earner for the club and help raise the profile of bristol sport.

The fact that ticket sales have crashed makes me think this may happen sooner rather than later.

I actually thought Tottenham might have tried to move in but I guess a NFL franchise will put paid to that.

I'm still undecided on how I would feel about a London nfl team. I think I can't look past my somewhat prejudiced view that it would affect the number of kids who play proper football and rugby adversely.

I'm still undecided on how I would feel about a London nfl team. I think I can't look past my somewhat prejudiced view that it would affect the number of kids who play proper football and rugby adversely.

Well considering Quidditch is now played between universities :blink:

I've always thought that a 'must win' England game would be so much better at say Upton Park, White Hart Lane, Anfield, Carrow Road or even Craven Cottage.

Proper grounds with the crowd on top of you, take away the perceived glamour and prestige of playing at Wembley for the away team and chuck em in a red hot patriotic atmosphere with no airs and graces.

I know Wembley cost a few quid so we have to play England games there but we'd have a greater advantage playing at a regional ground with a proper crowd, not one padded out with kids with painted faces.

Archived