IGNORED

The Official Swindon Town V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

havanatopia

Bore off.

Not expecting anyone to be signing from the rooftops when your 1-0 down in a derby.

You're the one who predicted we'd concede when we were under the cosh..

You're the one who conceded defeat of our unbeaten run with quarter of a hour left..

You might have been right, we might've been thinking alike .. You're the bore who voiced it .. You bore off!

Haven't seen it yet but got to be said of Elliot has lost his cool after 2 minutes and did what the ref seems to think he has then he's let the side down badly.

Let's hope it was a miscarriage of justice.

It will be a 3 game ban as well.

Time for Cotts to enter the loan market this week. We need another striker too.

The manner of the defeat was very disappointing, can't believe Cotts didn't use Jet in the 2nd half to try and conjure something out of nothing.Still time to regroup .v. Preston who have lost there last 3 league games now...

We had to play for the point rather than gamble for the win. That's at least how Cotts felt and what 90% of managers would have done.

We had to play for the point rather than gamble for the win. That's at least how Cotts felt and what 90% of managers would have done.

Absolutely. Can't blame him as a point would have been a marvellous result in the cirxumstances. But bringing Pack on at 1-0 down when you've got Jet on the bench is ridiculous whatever way you look at it.

• Like 1

I couldn't give a shit what the Swindon fans are saying.

I care about them as much as any other team close behind us. The amount it means to them compared to us is pathetic.

They're not Rovers, they're not Cardiff, they're just a tinpot club in Wiltshire.

Hhhmmm you don't come across that you don't care about them

Football is a game played by 11 men on each side. Take comfort from the fact that we were not beaten by a side that played better than us but by a team that had more men than us.

And, by the way, none of the top 10 teams moved either up or down in the league.

Swindon climbed one place. I would have preferred to have won 11 vs 11. 

It was an important win for my lot today regardless of we were playing. Many Town sides of days gone by would have bottled that against 10 men. 

Football is a game played by 11 men on each side. Take comfort from the fact that we were not beaten by a side that played better than us but by a team that had more men than us.

And, by the way, none of the top 10 teams moved either up or down in the league.

Sorry, that last statement is not true. I made it before the table positions had been revised! Swindon now our closest challengers but we're still 4 points clear at the top.

It's nice that you raise your game when you play the big boys at least. 8k more there today then when you played preston is embarrassing.

You're trolling the wrong guy, the other Swindon fans will be on later. They'll take you up on those matters.

Edited by Rich-TWSC-

We were destined to lose at some point, if we we playing The Gas, Cardiff or another rival we would have lost, that's just us but still a cracking half to the season.

The biggest dissapointment for me is the sending off of our captain so early in the game and the way SC didn't utilise arguable the divisions most dangerous impact player when chasing a narrow lead, not for the first time this season I'm left baffled and dissapointment by the lack of faith shown in JET, however as I said above a cracking start to the season, now let's see how we bounce back without our captain.

We were destined to lose at some point, if we we playing The Gas, Cardiff or another rival we would have lost, that's just us but still a cracking half to the season.

The biggest dissapointment for me is the sending off of our captain so early in the game and the way SC didn't utilise arguable the divisions most dangerous impact player when chasing a narrow lead, not for the first time this season I'm left baffled and dissapointment by the lack of faith shown in JET, however as I said above a cracking start to the season, now let's see how we bounce back without our captain.

At 0-0 playing for the draw was absolutely the right thing to do.

But I'm still scratching my head as to how JET stayed on the bench at 1-0 for 15 minutes. Why on earth bring Pack on at 1-0 down?

Swindon climbed one place. I would have preferred to have won 11 vs 11.

It was an important win for my lot today regardless of we were playing. Many Town sides of days gone by would have bottled that against 10 men.

You are the first team to beat us in the league this season regardless of the circumstances so you have every right to enjoy your derby win.

Very diplomatic of you not to come on here giving it the big 'un.

• Like 1

You seem like a nice dude, why are most of your fellow fans such utter f**kwits?

I've never been able to do that mocking, dare I say, banter thing. I'm a firm believer of what goes around, comes around (especially in football).

I punched the air with delight when the final whistle went, that'll do.

At 0-0 playing for the draw was absolutely the right thing to do.

But I'm still scratching my head as to how JET stayed on the bench at 1-0 for 15 minutes. Why on earth bring Pack on at 1-0 down?

That was my point, and it's not the first time IMHO that he hasn't been utilised when needed. Yet, we're top of the league still, so we're doing something correctly, although I think Jet is under used.
  • Like 1

That was my point, and it's not the first time IMHO that he hasn't been utilised when needed. Yet, we're top of the league still, so we're doing something correctly, although I think Jet is under used.

Of course, the start we've had has been beyond our wildest hopes.

But there has to be more to the JET situation than meets the eye. It almost seems personal. I can't think of another explanation for him not getting on the pitch when we're 1-0 down and about to lose our hard earned record.

I mean if he can't get on the pitch then, when can he? You've got to think he'll be looking for a new club shortly.