IGNORED

Unity. Players And Fans

Randy Marsh

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the way the players gathered and handed a few belongings that ended up on the pitch back to our fans, I thought, was quality.

The reaction as a whole to that ***** celebration in front of us shows how much the players are fighting for us. Frankie ran the length of the pitch to have a word.

Mark Little's tweet deserves a mention too.

If you're reading this lads we do massively appreciate it. It was the first time in years I felt so connected to my club.

I think this defeat will only make us stronger.  Players and fans united against everyone who wants us to fail. 

People who wants us to fail includes the Bristol Post, The Mayor, Radio Bristol , BBC Bristol, the council and all other media outlets in this city.

Our Club is the people club of this city, it is the voice of the real Bristolians , its the voice of working man in this City and I am proud of what it represents, thats why the the luvvies in the media dislike  us so much.

Stick together on and off the pitch and SC can make our dreams come come because he is one of US,

Two sides of a coin.

On one side I saw a club on the up, both on and off the pitch.

On the flip side I saw a shabby run down outfit with little or no fans no money and no future.

You say that, but it's true.. their chairmans looking to sell their best players in January for because of their dwindling attendances (har har), whilst our manager and billionaire chairman have made noises about strengthening..

I'd be truly amazed if they finish above us.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the way the players gathered and handed a few belongings that ended up on the pitch back to our fans, I thought, was quality.

The reaction as a whole to that ***** celebration in front of us shows how much the players are fighting for us. Frankie ran the length of the pitch to have a word.

Mark Little's tweet deserves a mention too.

If you're reading this lads we do massively appreciate it. It was the first time in years I felt so connected to my club.

After the Nathan Thompson incident Alby handed back a bunch of keys and Luke Ayling missed an opportunity to be Prince Charming from Cinderella. If the former Yeovil man hadn't returned the single piece of footwear that was hurled onto the pitch, he may have spent an eon travelling around Bristol attempting to place a trainer on the single stockinged foot of a City fan.

Agree that the unity and passion is very heartening an all I as a fan have really been crying out for from football's money bubble, especially since that disgrace of a side that got us relegated. Little's tweet confirms him as one of us, imo. He will gain very quickly cult hero status if he keeps that sort of thing up. Good work, mate.

However, seems today like the pressure cooker of it being their cup final impacted on us. Haven't seen the Elliott incident yet so speak with caution but it sounds like whether he lost his cool, got caught in gamesmanship, or got stitched up - he got done today. Cotterill blowing a fuse is not what we need either.

Not criticising, just stating that passion needs control, otherwise we're gonna be targeted and 'done' more often. We were not smart today by the sounds of it.

Today shows how far we've come under steve Cotts.Was the manor of this defeat which will galvanize the players the fans and everybody involved with bcfc together even more. We've seen today that this club has what it takes to go up automatically. The one for all mentality is something we've not seen for decades. It's a real honour to be part of it as a bristol city fan. Steve lansdown pulled a master stroke bringing in Cotts when he did and it's starting to bare fruit were on the cusp of a new dawn at BCFC and today proved how bitter & envious other clubs are of us.We were robbed today but it's a monkey off our backs now we can concentrate on winning the league.Todays loss doesn't really hurt us as PNE lost swindle will fall away like all the others have and Cotts will use today to drive this team on even further into the season. Today's defeat will become a positive for everybody involved at BCFC and that's the big difference between now and years gone bye.Were all in it together which is why I'm proud to say I support BCFC again! Long may it continue. #COYR

Swinbum might have done us the biggest favour of the season by scraping a limp win against our ten good men.

It's bonded the players and fans in a way we've not seen for many years.

Now we're even more of a force to be reckoned with on and off the pitch.

Fair play to Cotterill, Wilbs, Frankie, Flinty and Little for speaking up and speaking out.

I for one look forward to giving big man Thompson the welcome he deserves when we play them at home - the same goes for Jack "Oscar nominee" Stephens.

I hope Flint and the boys are busy rehearsing a really annoying celebratory dance to perform in front of Swinbum's puny travelling contingent, after we hammer them.

I for one look forward to giving big man Thompson the welcome he deserves when we play them at home - the same goes for Jack "Oscar nominee" Stephens.

I hope Flint and the boys are busy rehearsing a really annoying celebratory dance to perform in front of Swinbum's puny travelling contingent, after we hammer them.

I like that.

Alternatively, we batter them and at 5-0 up with 5 minutes to go, send Adam El-Abd on as a sub, only for him to launch into a tackle that catches Stephens in the midriff, giving him something to really complain about. El-Abd stands over him and whispers "that's for Wade Elliott, you cheating ****" then after the inevitable red card, walks off to a standing ovation. *

* Northern Red in no way condones violence towards opposition players, etc etc...

Stephens is only on loan so he may not even still be there, unfortunately.

Still, if he has gone back to Southampton I'm sure we won't forget the name in a hurry. These sort of incidents have a habit of being remembered...

Just out of interest,how do you all feel about the whole"shithead"thing.It has never bothered me and I actually find it quite amusing.I have even referred to myself as one before?

I just ignore it, it's a retarded Gas attempt to counter the Gashead thing. Gas and Gashead had some logic to it, but logic isn't the strong point of the fans of NLBR so they had to adopt the sort of playground insult 8-year-olds use.

Using it in songs etc gives credibility to the 'tards' attempt to give us a nickname.

This current team spirit takes me back to the class of 1982 to 1984, what a class bunch of lads who fought for our shirt in front of 4000 crowds at a big ground for that level.

Loved em all, Glyn Riley, Biff, Andy Llewellyn, Steve Neville, Alan Walsh, Howard Pritchard, Tom Ritchie, Kenny Stroud, John Shaw, Mick Harford etc etc etc.

Still my most enjoyable era of following the reds home and away, the 1990 and 2007/8 squads came close, but I'll never forget those times in the mid eighties.....

I stand by what Cotts said in his post-match interview. What happened yesterday has made me even prouder of Bristol City than I was before. Prouder of the players, of the manager, of the fans, and all those in between above and below. Mark Little showed what the club means to him, as did Frankie. Flint showed a great mix of professionalism but pride for the team he plays for, and on a side note, all season JET's use of social media has shown just as much.

Whether we got beat or not yesterday, I cannot think of a club I would rather support right now. And as a City fan, it's not often that comment is true.

And I firmly believe that Preston are in for a battering next week - the response they're going to have to face will be very very difficult.

Personally, If we beat Swindle , I hope our team just celebrate in an understated way and give them a lesson in Professional football which they so clearly need.

I've thought long and hard about this today. Wasn't at the game but have read all the reports, watched the highlights, seen the photos. Haven't calmed down one bit.

I'm so angry - I hate that poxy little tinpot club, their players, their supporters. They are small minded, petulant morons. Our players have class, passion, respect. I can imagine how wound up they must be too.

City will beat Preston next weekend, beat Swindon in April and win the title. We'll be more determined than ever. I couldn't be more proud of my football team, what we've got is something special right now. Let's go and prove it again.

Just out of interest,how do you all feel about the whole"shithead"thing.It has never bothered me and I actually find it quite amusing.I have even referred to myself as one before?

We are Bristol City supporters and fans and I for one find the name we are referred to by some Bristol Rovers fans, as very offensive.

Earlier this year in Frome, I met someone who said he was from London but since coming to this part of the world, had become a shithead. I exploded and told him that no self respecting Bristol City fan would ever use that word to describe oneself.

I've thought long and hard about this today. Wasn't at the game but have read all the reports, watched the highlights, seen the photos. Haven't calmed down one bit.

I'm so angry - I hate that poxy little tinpot club, their players, their supporters. They are small minded, petulant morons. Our players have class, passion, respect. I can imagine how wound up they must be too.

City will beat Preston next weekend, beat Swindon in April and win the title. We'll be more determined than ever. I couldn't be more proud of my football team, what we've got is something special right now. Let's go and prove it again.

I could not put it any better Red Jim. We are going up as champions with the best and most united squad since 1975-76.

COYREDS!

Archived