IGNORED

Thompson : Disappointing Reaction At The End Of The Game

Langford Red

Louis Thompson Right Back.

He should be reported to the FA for trying to start a mass fight towards the pitch

He came up to the City fans and waved us onto him 

WHY DOES THE REFEREE DO NOTHING

Even Flint very angrily had a go at him for it

I hope he gets booed every time he touches the ball at Ashton Gate in April

Somebody from City should report him for his VIOLENT ANGRY ACTIONS

Most of replies to this show this post must win the award for the "most embarrassing over-reaction to a minor incident following a passionate local derby" - as most have said, like it or not it goes with the territory of supporting your club - just move on!

Thompson is a classless tart who'll most likely have to put up with some tasty 'feedback' on his behaviour from our lads when we face them again, that is if Swindon's loudmouth ovellord hasn't sold him for pennies in January.

But that is it; he was burke and us fans, as well as the players he upset won't forget, however that should be the long and short of it, in my eyes.

The fact him and his team needed to cheat and get a fellow pro set off to level the playing field should tell you all you need to know about Swindon and their appoach, so let's hope the saying that cheats and WUM's don't prosper applies this season.

It's games like this, and the incidents in it, that make me keep coming back. Yeah, it's shit that we lost to some no marks from a bus stop on the M4, but it will live long in the memory. Future generations of City fans will ask their dads why they hate Swindle so much and they'll tell them about this game.

Who can forget Scotty's ayatollah or GJ tripping over Chopra or the phantom goal against Palace?

I love the theatre of football, probably more than the sport if I'm honest. Fans winding up players, players winding up players, fans winding up fans and yes, players winding up fans. 

What other form of entertainment can get you out of your seat, ecstatic with joy or frothing at the mouth in anger?

Sadly, the best years of watching football are long gone, and the sanitisation of the game is steamrollering along. Reporting players for winding fans up is a slippery slope to take in my opinion.

Be careful what you wish for.

Great post Sir Tit.

Especially the fans winding up other fans bit. Best bit of football for me, lose the tribal nature of the sport and it would be awful IMO. In a way I'm glad Thompson did what he did because he's helped to ramp up the excitement for the return fixture, I'm really looking forward to it now. All this reporting celebrations to the old bill looks and sounds like sour grapes.

I have some sympathy on both sides here.  However, the rules are the rules (and goading fans isn't allowed). 

If you break them and someone ain't happy about it then you can't complain about being punished or plod having a quiet word.

Don't like the rules, campaign to get them changed.

On the cheating front, the rules are already there to prevent it, its just that they are almost never implemented .... the FA probably can't even spell 'retrospective justice' let alone use it.

Well written. Obviously tongue in cheek, but no less funny because of that, and amusing.

Whilst I don't condone Thompson's post-match reaction, this does put it in perspective.

I'd argue that. The one thing that's funny is the fact the guy genuinely believes he has a talent for comedy.

You wouldn't write that much if you didn't. Laugh I nearly did and all that.

My final comment on the subject.

If Thompson had not been wearing the Swindon town kit but jeans and a hooded top, he would have been arrested immediately by the nearest policeman.

For entering the field of play at an Association Football match AND behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

What is the difference between a player and a football watcher? One appears to be above the law!

What is the difference between a player and a football watcher? One appears to be above the law!

So I guess every football fan that makes a ****** sign at a player or shouts "you ******* PR1CK!" should be arrested? C'mon mate, you know full well football fans dish it out. I'm not saying Thompson was wise to do what he did but was anyone that hurt that they need to go to the Police. The incident was caught on camera, if the Police think it's worthy of investigating surely they could do it without fans making complaints.

• Admin

if the Police think it's worthy of investigating surely they could do it without fans making complaints.

Before the weekend I would have agreed with you, but from a conversation I overheard, the impression I got on Saturday was that even though the police did witness the event, they could only investige if there were complaints made. Whether that is the actual case I don't know??

If Thompson had not been wearing the Swindon town kit but jeans and a hooded top, he would have been arrested immediately by the nearest policeman.

For entering the field of play at an Association Football match AND behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

That would be typical of Swindon. The rules state the team have to play in a matching kit....yet one of their players thinks its OK to wear a hoody and drift into a goal scoring position unnoticed by defenders or linesman. Blatent cheating.

The more I hear about this team. The less I like.

Omg. What is all this about?

Football is a passionate game, dunno about you but i'd like it to stay that way.

Oh no - he's mildly incited some fans. So what? I see motorists doing far worse almost every day...do I report them? He didn't hit anyone or spit did he...

The most cringe worthy thread on here for some time. Embarrassed is not the word.

The only thing I thought when I saw that photo was...never knew greg wallace supported city.

Just wondering which member of the Preston playing staff I can expect to see on Crimewatch next week?I'm guessing a 1 nil defeat at home means someone's going down for 10 years to life?

Or is it one of the management team this time? I understand Simon Grayson may have had the audacity to clap when his team scored today. That's tantamount to a terrorism offence in bristol surely......lock the bastard up!

Just wondering which member of the Preston playing staff I can expect to see on Crimewatch next week?I'm guessing a 1 nil defeat at home means someone's going down for 10 years to life?

Or is it one of the management team this time? I understand Simon Grayson may have had the audacity to clap when his team scored today. That's tantamount to a terrorism offence in bristol surely......lock the bastard up!

How needy...

your lot just won against 7th place to go one point behind top and instead of celebrating on your own forum you come and troll ours? Ok..

Archived