IGNORED

Really Hope This Is Not True

Hartcliffe red

That's the level of their mob, pathetic.

While sitting in the home end, I did wonder on Saturday why they are such an angry, bitter bunch.  Genuinely.  I know we have a little bit of history with them but I just got the feeling they are after someone to hate with a passion.  It came across as David trying to beat Goliath.  And they love us having Lansdown as its another reason to hate us too.

OK, they flirted with the top flight a long time ago now, but they are nothing more than a small regional side with a decaying stadium with little hope of hitting the championship, save for every dozen years or so.  Their infrastructure is unlikely to support much else.

You'd have thought we might have a similar relationship to the one we have with Cheltenham in the long run.  Friendly rivalry.  But that won't happen.

Their crowds are making an effort to align with Cheltenham at least  ...and Swindon fans will have been salivating over the facilities the week before.

I for one have never been too bothered about Swindon.  I'd just wish they'd shut up about the derby rivalry which isn't really on my radar.

While sitting in the home end, I did wonder on Saturday why they are such an angry, bitter bunch. Genuinely. I know we have a little bit of history with them but I just got the feeling they are after someone to hate with a passion. It came across as David trying to beat Goliath. And they love us having Lansdown as its another reason to hate us too.

OK, they flirted with the top flight a long time ago now, but they are nothing more than a small regional side with a decaying stadium with little hope of hitting the championship, save for every dozen years or so. Their infrastructure is unlikely to support much else.

You'd have thought we might have a similar relationship to the one we have with Cheltenham in the long run. Friendly rivalry. But that won't happen.

Their crowds are making an effort to align with Cheltenham at least ...and Swindon fans will have been salivating over the facilities the week before.

I for one have never been too bothered about Swindon. I'd just wish they'd shut up about the derby rivalry which isn't really on my radar.

Completely true, it's like they've got little man syndrome, sad!

While sitting in the home end, I did wonder on Saturday why they are such an angry, bitter bunch.  Genuinely.  I know we have a little bit of history with them but I just got the feeling they are after someone to hate with a passion.  It came across as David trying to beat Goliath.  And they love us having Lansdown as its another reason to hate us too.

OK, they flirted with the top flight a long time ago now, but they are nothing more than a small regional side with a decaying stadium with little hope of hitting the championship, save for every dozen years or so.  Their infrastructure is unlikely to support much else.

You'd have thought we might have a similar relationship to the one we have with Cheltenham in the long run.  Friendly rivalry.  But that won't happen.

Their crowds are making an effort to align with Cheltenham at least  ...and Swindon fans will have been salivating over the facilities the week before.

I for one have never been too bothered about Swindon.  I'd just wish they'd shut up about the derby rivalry which isn't really on my radar.

This rivalry is barely on any of our radars... for them its some kind of obsession demonstrated by their OTT celebrations at the final whistle.

Because it is poking fun at the link - neither happened but both internet rumours !

Assume you were around when we played Millwall on the opening game of the season a few years back??

You have to remember that most people under 25 have had a humour bypass operation.

Archived