IGNORED

Sorry

handsofclay

I must offer my apologies to Dolly Marie and Fordy62 who had birthdays the other day. I didn't offer my congratulations even though they are fellow Novemberists like myself, although not Sagittarius like me but they can't have everything.

The reason I didn't congratulate them at the time is because I'm a little bit superstitious, especially during the long unbeaten run we were on, and I sometimes see things that have me reaching for the garlic and crossing myself madly.

Well, it struck me that sending congrats on the forum is rather like dishing out cards so I suddenly feared cards would be dished out in our next game. I then seen that Dolly Marie and Fordy62 is an anagram of Red for illy may do 62

I read into that that it meant Red for our captain in the next match after 62 seconds for striking out because Illy was Ray Illingworth the English cricket captain when we won the Ashes in Australia in 1970 to 71. Obviously May is for Bryant and May matches and what you do with matches is strike them. I figured it meant after 62 seconds and not minutes coz there were two of them having birthdays so there was a second celebration.

Anyway, as it transpires our skipper was sent off after 63 seconds so what a load of bunkem that turned out to be and I won't be engaging in any of that nonsense anymore.

So sorry to both posters for not acknowledging your birthdays and hope you had a nice day.

Why only apologise to those two?

What about all the other birthdays you missed !! :sad26:

You are quite right. I apologise to everyone whose birthday I have missed and I will now work on anagrams to see how each one relates

To a City performance. Hopefully, I will finish my findings and publish them here in about 17 years from now.

I reckon that this stinks more than the sending off on Saturday. All of us have had our birthdays neglected, although I've explained why I did so in two cases. It will be mine on the day we play Peterborough (good news is City always beat a team playing in blue on my birthday) so I don't think anyone will be arsed to yank themselves away from Sky Sports to think of me.

Us Novemberists should stick together, as most of us are Englishmen born under the same November sun.

Happy birthday to everyone born in November who posts on here.

No way was it your fault...if anything Fordy62 has to hold his hands up. If he had kept quiet about his birthday I  wouldn't have formed the anagram I did which predicted our captain would be sent off so early in the match. He's a good chap is Fordy62 but obviously in his excitement he jumped in and posted about his birthday without realizing the consequences. It's easily done...as we were by that apology for a ref on Sat.

scorpio and proud

Nothing wrong with being a Scorpio, pal...as long as it's the November part of it.

On my 8th birthday I seen my 2nd City match and we beat Carlisle 2-1 I wore my all red City kit that I had for my birthday with a number 5 on the back for Dickie Rooks. 

In 1990 Maggie T had her last day in office on my birthday and she was in tears. So a bad day for the blues on my birthday and we will be playing Peterborough on my birthday so it augers well.

The day I was born Danny Blanchflower played his last game for Northern Ireland.

The day my sister was born Duncan Edwards played his first game for England.

The day my brother was born City beat Wolves 1-0.

Archived