IGNORED

Cotterill Anniversary

ScottMurray'srightboot

Expected to get promotion? Remind me where we were this time last season. Cotterill has had the funds but he still had to sign the right players which he has and to only lose 9 league games since he has come in is incredible.

Love him!

Has had the funds due to selling the divisions top scorer.... Sure I read/heard somewhere that cotts was allowed to sign Agard as they knew money would be coming in, something cotts was thankful to lansdown for as not having been able to do so at previous clubs and needing to sell first.

The transformation from the dismal performances, lack of confidence, players unable or unwilling to perform as a team, not helping each other, to the club squad we have twelve months later, is nothing short of miraculous.

A lot of hard thinking and hard work on the training ground has been required and all of us should appreciate what has been achieved.

Now, one week after our first league defeat of the season, we have the opportunity to raise the roof against Preston and do our bit to help the team get back to winning ways.

We are going up as champions!

This years he's done pretty much as expected, last year he saved us from disaster.

I think the manner in which he's done it is what's so great this season. No one would have predicted a long unbeaten start like that.

In terms of league position though, we'd expect to be in the top 6 at this point, so even there we are exceeding expectations no?

Not at all, I'm delighted but we were bookies pre season favourites for promotion, so we're exactly where we should be...the bookies rarely get it wrong.

We were never favourites, we were as big as 18/1 at one time, sheff. Utd and PNE were always above us in the betting

• Admin

Have to hold my hands up and admint when SC was appointed I was slightly underwhelmed, but what a year we have had with him in charge 

12 months ago it was a real chore and effort to go to any game home or away, Saturday mornings were almost full of dread about what lay ahead that afternoon.

But fast forward to the present day, am sure others feel the same, I've got that hunger back to support the lads all over the country and waking up on a Saturday morning is actually a buzz again, looking forward to seeing the lads put in 100% again!

Long may it continue !!

Not at all, I'm delighted but we were bookies pre season favourites for promotion, so we're exactly where we should be...the bookies rarely get it wrong.

I get what you are saying, but as others have said we were never favourites pre season that I saw - in the top 4 or 5, yes

So to be top, 1 defeat coming towards the end of November is a staggering turnaround from where we were a year ago. SC has bought incredibly well, given a couple of young lads their chance and integrated all of this in an incredibly short time. We've been lucky with injuries, but then teams that sit at the top normally are

As Phantom says, I was not impressed with the appointment, a year on it just feels like right bloke, right time. The more I hear him the more I love the fella (SC, not Phantom!), except the pre game interview last weekend. Something had rattled his cage and I think the performance in the first 5 - 10 mins reflected that. We lost the game because of it, I hope that SC has learned from that. If that's the only criticism I can have after nearly a year then I'm a happy fan

We were never favourites, we were as big as 18/1 at one time, sheff. Utd and PNE were always above us in the betting

Well we were my pre season favourites...but I'll restate my original thoughts, what he did last season was far more important than what he's done thus far this. Only a miracle would have saved us from relegation, he achieved that miracle.

What he's done this season is great, but far short of being a miracle.

Irrespective of the differing emphasis we put on his and the teams performance, we're all enjoying the sweet smell of success.

Well we were my pre season favourites...but I'll restate my original thoughts, what he did last season was far more important than what he's done thus far this. Only a miracle would have saved us from relegation, he achieved that miracle.

What he's done this season is great, but far short of being a miracle.

Irrespective of the differing emphasis we put on his and the teams performance, we're all enjoying the sweet smell of success.

Nonsense, it was not a 'miracle' that we survived last season.

A miracle would've been if we were cut adrift with 10 games to play and made it out of relegation.

He had 20+ games to turn it around which he did although it was still touch and go even after 3 months into his tenure.. but a 'miracle' is a bit OTT only in my humble opinion of course.

Which I accept as you've put it in such a pleasant, non dismissive way.

I always think, and I believe the majority of outcomes supports it, if you're in a relegation position after half the season you're almost certain to be there at the end of the season...therefore Cotts did at the very least very well.

As it's coming up to a year since Cotterill took over (3rd Dec) I was wondering if anyone had his win/draw/lose record to hand. Can't find it anywhere online. Must be pretty impressive, and one of the best first years from a City manager in many moons.

Could you not just count them? Are we that reliant on the internet/other people providing info? Blimey.

Archived