IGNORED

Preston's Smoke Bombs

atyeoblockE

Curious as to why you think this?

Every week there are numerous photos from up and down the country of smoke bombs being used at all levels of football

If anything I would have thought we have been very quiet on the use of them at City matches

As I said, my impression is that City take it extremely seriously and make it very clear offenders will be persued. and where possible, arrested and banned. Do all clubs take such a tough line? I really don't know.

If they do, and usage is as widespread as you say, and it is seen as an arrestable offence, then presumably arrest figures are going up at all clubs?

Being used at all levels you say - have Rovers ever had a publicised arrest for this?

When they publish arrest and banning figures around the country at the end of each season the offences are itemised so it will be very interesting to see the figures for smoke bombs at the end of this season.

I know your making it into a joke, but that set of fans were laughable and it would have annoyed a few city fans who don't sit there for that.

At the end of the game, I said to my friends I haven't seen such an angry set of fans for years.

yes by all means. Go mob handed and try to fight in a pub full of lads, but a set of 40 or so people abusing a stand full of families, that just low life and uncalled for.

I would have more respect if there was a mass organised fight, than what I would with how your fans behaved during the game.

This would be the same Burberry clad and stupid seaside hat mob who were rather sheepish in Ashton Road and asking Avon/Somersets finest were there mini buses were parked. Amazing how being secure and gobby inside the ground can alter in five minutes when that protection is not there.

As I said, my impression is that City take it extremely seriously and make it very clear offenders will be persued. and where possible, arrested and banned. Do all clubs take such a tough line? I really don't know.

If they do, and usage is as widespread as you say, and it is seen as an arrestable offence, then presumably arrest figures are going up at all clubs?

Being used at all levels you say - have Rovers ever had a publicised arrest for this?

When they publish arrest and banning figures around the country at the end of each season the offences are itemised so it will be very interesting to see the figures for smoke bombs at the end of this season.

And yet whenever City are live on telly at home, what do the players run out to? Two bloody gert fireworks either side of the tunnel ? Can't be that harmful can it, but they must only do it to "create an atmosphere in front of the cameras "

Archived