IGNORED

Phil Hughes

phantom

Terrible news to hear from something that was a freak accident. The bouncer is part of the game and I believe I read somewhere there have only been something like 100 recorded cases of what happend to him.

Really feel for Abbot as well, hopefully he is able to carry on with his career.

Tragic for everyone involved,lets hope some good can come of it so that his demise was not a waste.RIP. 

The cricketing authorities here are discussing doing exactly that. One suggestion is the launching of an annual encouragement prize for promising young cricketers; "The Phil Hughes Award".

Meanwhile ,cricketing enthusiasts are prominently displaying their cricket bats by their front doors, windows etc in a "Put Out Your Bats" campaign honouring Phil Hughes.

Some form of commemoration involving the figure SIXTY THREE is also being considered.

"Tragedy" is an overused word in sport but this is a real tragedy. A bloke bowling at his pal and it being the last ball he'll ever face. I'd be amazed if poor old Sean Abbott ever plays cricket again, certainly not to the level he may have done before this accident.

RIP Phil Hughes, an exciting young player 25 is no age to go.

A fitting send off today. Gone but never Forgotten.

Going to have a look on youtube later to see what I can find. The pics of his Dad carrying the coffin in, and his Mum leaving were heart breaking

I didn't know the guy, had never met him - but there's something about this that has knocked me for 6 (excuse the pun). How many balls have I faced down the years, how many times did I fire in bouncers as a young un......pot luck, could've been me, could've been the guy down the other end. I'm sure anyone who has played, and loved playing, cricket will feel less mortal for a while

It's the one of his Dad, Phantom. That is a killer, no Father should have to carry his son in a coffin

I really hope that all the crap from the last couple of Ashes will go away now, play hard, play fair, play to win - but no more of this 'get ready for a broken arm' and non stop sledging now. It's a great sporting event, it doesn't need the side shows that have crept in over the last couple of series. Don't remember Hughes getting involved, so do it for his memory, if not the respect for your opponent

It's the one of his Dad, Phantom. That is a killer, no Father should have to carry his son in a coffin

It this one that gets me as well

it breaks your heart seeing the pain and anguish on his face, how you get through that as a parent I don't know.

Archived