IGNORED

Best Of Times & Worst Of Times: A Tale Of Two City Moments

Marina's Rolls Royce

Best has to be the night Clive Whitehead shot us into the old Division One. Nothing can compare with running onto the field and seeing Harry in his box, grinning like a Cheshire cat. The night was wild but unfortunately nobody told Madge in the Miners who still called time at 10.50 :grr:

Worst was not getting anyone to do my paper round in 1965 when big John got us promoted v Oldham

Everything in between win lose or draw has been 'business as usual ' for someone who before birth chose BCFC as his lifetimes enjoyment , thats the one thing that petrifies me about reincarnation, what if we come back as :gasmask:

Best when we came back from that 1-5 drubbing at Man Utd to win 14 on the bounce in 1905.

Worst moment, when my hypnotherapist woke me up and I realised it was 2013, we were crap and SOD was still manager.

Apart from that, best the Arsenal away win 1976 and Leeds cup win 1974.

Worst the 1-6 home defeat to Wolves when they were able to score at will. I walked out as the 6th went in and fully expected with about 20 mins left to hear later that we had conceded double figures. Still cannot get my head around the fact we didn't and don't know how the heck we achieved that. Wished I had stayed now as it still perplexes me.

Worst the 1-6 home defeat to Wolves when they were able to score at will. I walked out as the 6th went in and fully expected with about 20 mins left to hear later that we had conceded double figures. Still cannot get my head around the fact we didn't and don't know how the heck we achieved that. Wished I had stayed now as it still perplexes me.

Was like that when Wolves beat us 4-1 at home in 12/13. 4-0 up at half time which included letting Kevin Doyle run 80 yards to score. Second half they took their foot right off the gas, if they didn't then I'm convinced it would've been 8+.

Best: Steve Neville's goal v Hereford (Freight Rover '86) in extra time. I was in the enclosure (east end side/corner), and it went beserk when the goal went in....top night. Also the final v Bolton, and singing 'Drink up thee cider' at Wembley with thousands of others..

Also agree with the Louie Donowa goal as one of the best....

Worst: Reading away '84

Best - 3-1 win away to Cardiff in 2001, hands down. Epic. We were so awful in that game and how they weren't 3-0 up by half time I'll never know. Murray's run down the side of the pitch and celebrations in the away end at Cardiff will never be matched. Such an immense atmosphere.

Worst - Quite possibly the 3-1 at Brentford last year, so terrible. That said, the 1-0 loss to Brighton at the Mill Stad and 1-1 away to Swindon when Lee Miller missed that sitter (you knew we'd blow the play offs after that) was tough to deal with.

Archived