IGNORED

Pack Or Jet Tonight

brad blit

Following the defeat on Saturday where many deemed Pack to be 'poor', should Cotterill stick with him playing the defensive midfielder role against an attacking team away from home....

Or should he should drop him for JET, bring Freeman back into the centre and have Smith protecting the back four?

Following the defeat on Saturday where many deemed Pack to be 'poor', should Cotterill stick with him playing the defensive midfielder role against an attacking team away from home....

Or should he should drop him for JET, bring Freeman back into the centre and have Smith protecting the back four?

The only change I expect will be M.Smith taking a place on the bench.

I think people are being quite harsh on Freeman's ability in the middle - he was superb against Swindon when pushed into a central role with Smith, he rarely loses possession of the ball and has played deeper at times to collect the ball. You only have to see Fabregas for Chelsea to see that the most creative player dosnt have to play that far forward at times.

Iv never quite been fully convinced by Pack and feel its better for the team to have JET in an attacking role, rather than Pack in a defensive one.

However I agree with most that its unlikely Cotts will make big changes quite yet, im just concerned that 3 losses in a row could really damage our confidence!

Pack did better on Saturday when he was pushed ahead of Smith. Wouldn't mind seeing Wagstaff given a go there though. Not really a central midfield player but he's full of energy and running

I wouldn't make sweeping changes from Preston tbh; we didn't really play badly, we just need to cut out the sloppiness at the back and take our chances up front

Id rest wilbs for smith up top. Replace Bryan with Cunningham, and put waggy in for pack. Jet in cm and we would be over run Imo.

By "resting" Wilbraham and Bryan you'd deny us our two busiest players. Bryan was superb on Saturday and Wilbs was involved in everything although admittedly while fluffing his big chance.

Agree with your last sentence. Attempts to play JET behind the front two (as v Wimbledon) are woeful.

By "resting" Wilbraham and Bryan you'd deny us our two busiest players. Bryan was superb on Saturday and Wilbs was involved in everything although admittedly while fluffing his big chance.

Agree with your last sentence. Attempts to play JET behind the front two (as v Wimbledon) are woeful.

We must of watched a different game.

We must of watched a different game.

We've already had this discussion, but once he was actually brought into the game, which I saw Cotterill indicated we should do more, you name me a City player who made more yards upfield and won more corners/got more crosses in?

The other thing I like about Joe is for a comparatively short player he consistently outjumps opponents to win the ball. Tackles too.

We lost the first match because of a poor refeering decision and we lost the second because we missed a shed load of chances. Not because Pack misplaced the odd pass.

As much as I would love to see JET in the team tonight, I don't think 2 losses should lead to any knee-jerk reactions, so I'd go with the same team as previously. BUT.....Subs need to be made much earlier if things aren't working.

They won't be so, if Pack was at fault and has been poor in both matches, we should be changing the line up. If that means JET then super duper as far as I am concerned. :)

I'm for keeping with Pack- he can really play on his day but last saturday wasn't it. 

My love-in with Jet is undiminished and thought he looked really sharp and it's time he got a goal.

So I'd start with the same team as Saturday but if it's not looking too clever- bring on Jet and Smith but with enough time left for them to make a real difference.

p.s. It's a question I asked before but no one answered- Is it possible for Wilbs and Smith to play up front together effectively even if for a short time?

Archived