IGNORED

Ex-city Player From Oversea's

Oakleyson

Because of work I moved to Amsterdam a few months back and have been trying to educate the Dutch on the meaning of supporting City. They are all Ajax, PSV or Feynoord, so don't understand why I do not support Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd etc

Which led to a conversation about the fact that City had a Dutch winger a few years ago .... But I can't remember his name. Was it "Gerd" something? If you know please post a reply.

Then reading the post about ex-City player I sat thinking of ex-Players from abroad. To name a few I can remember:

Perti Jantunen (?) - Another winger -Finnish

Jan Moller - Keeper (was supposed to be brilliant, but didn't quite live up to it)- Danish

Sebok - Defender (Looked good at time, did we ever get any money for selling him?)- Hungarian

Jacki - Of course .....

Got anymore?

The man you are looking for is .....Geert Meijer - I think he was coach at Feyenoord in recent times too

"Geerty from Amsterdam" as he was instantly hailed by the East End, scored a goal on his debut from the tightest angle you have ever seen - running flat out towards the corner flag where the Williams met the Park End (now Atyeo) he must have been about 20 yards from goal and one yard from the goaline when he hit it but it somehow squeezed under the keeper and into the net. Awesome! :dunno:

Well_Red

Nice to see you remember that well-red, 'twas i that made that song up, honestly!!

"When it's Spring again, we'll sing again

Geerty from Amsterdam!

When he's on the wing, you'll hear us sing,

Geerty from Amsterdam!"

Those were the days, caught on alot better than my Roger Kenyon one. :D

Guest BCFC_Bradley_Stoke

We were talking about foreign players the other day in work and one that sprang to mind was Ivan Testimitanu - He was quality.

The man you are looking for is .....Geert Meijer - I think he was coach at Feyenoord in recent times too

From Ajax Amsterdam £80000 Mar 1979

To Sparta Rott. £50000 25 Feb 1980

IMAG0020.JPG

IMAG0027.JPG

From Eskilstuna £50000 Mar 1979

IMAG0030.JPG

IMAG0018.JPG

Jan moller (from Malmo FF)

Perti Jantunen

Geert Meijer

Soren Andersen (denmark)

Paul Agostino (aussie)

Bo Andersen (denmark)

Lourenco the Silva (from Sporting Lisbon)

Darius 'Jacki' Dziekanowski

David Seal (from Aalst, aussie)

Vilmos Sebok (Hungarian)

Ivan Tistimetanu (from FC Zimbru Moldovan)

Alous 'Alec' Eisentrager (german)

Clemens Zwijnenberg (From Aalborg)

1999 relegation season. Zwijnenberg was brought

to club on loan after a recommendation by Soren Andersen.

Some regard him as one of the worst players to have appeared

for City in recent years.

Geert Meijer one of my favourite all time players in a city shirt would love to see him back down Ashton Gate in a coaching roll.

Garland if your friends can get any infomation on what and where he is now please let us know mate.

:D:( Geert Meijer :grr::laugh:

Geert Meijer one of my favourite all time players in a city shirt would love to see him back down Ashton Gate in a coaching roll.

Garland if your friends can get any infomation on what and where he is now please let us know mate.

:D:( Geert Meijer :grr::laugh:

Geert Meijer,he was the Feyenoord assistant trainer

not sure if he is still there

http://photos.empics.com/g41/p42/202095.htm

muntasser, remember i remember him, he came from arsenal, with loads of hype, did well in the reserves, (reminds me of gillespie!) but never even got close to the first team,

last thing i heard he keft us, then was instantly banging in the goals in Serie A for perguia, good enough for serie a, but not good enough for City!

hmmm!!!! some thing wrong there.

My thanks again to Pewsham for coming up with Geert Meijer name. According to my Dutch colleagues Geert Meijer is .... 53 yrs old and is now coaching a team called Jazira in the United Arab Emirates.

I remember a great goal - voley from outside the area by Testimitanu. He wasn't a bad player. Also stiil don't know what happened with Sebok, if I remember rightly he was loaned out to a German team, but haven't got a clue if we ever got any money for him. Anyway thanks for the previous replies.

Guest Southville Red

I remember Meyer, not for a goal he scored but when he hit the bar. Against Birmingham I think. He hit it so hard the bar seemed to vibrate for ages. Thought it had broken, the thump was so loud. What a star he was. :cool:

Lourenco Silva :laugh: Although i was only 12 at the time he came on loan to Bristol City. i thought after his spell with City he would become the next Eusebio. He was fanstastic. Is he still with Sporting Lisbon. What is he up to now.
It has been mentioned before and someone said he went to some english team on loan not too long ago so hes still out and about.

Just what we need at the moment I would see he was a touch of class and could find the net easily.

He was a biy like DeFoe actually, maybe it was him in disguise? :P If he turned out as good as DeFoe we would have been laughing but all the players we get on loan that show GREAT potential like him we always seem to send back and forget about, all the ones that have looked OK we have went on to buy. :cool:

Funnily enough I was in a pub in Southport about 8 years ago or so and I met a guy who's sister was engaged to Ray Atteveld. Apparently after we got rid of him in a useless transfer deal losing us £250k (Osman era) he went on to play superbly getting in the Dutch squad. I didn't he was as bad as was made out above and nor did the Dutch manager.

Funnily enough I was in a pub in Southport about 8 years ago or so and I met a guy who's sister was engaged to Ray Atteveld. Apparently after we got rid of him in a useless transfer deal losing us £250k (Osman era) he went on to play superbly getting in the Dutch squad. I didn't he was as bad as was made out above and nor did the Dutch manager.
Agreed, I don't think he was actually that bad either. He just had a shocking

run of luck in his time at City. In his first few games I think he scored an own

goal, got sent off and then had a really bad injury!!!.

Archived