IGNORED

Yesterday's Ref

Londoner

Not bad.  Some slight inconsistency in treatment of fouls (or not fouls as I thought he could have let one or two go, both ways).  Did exactly what the ref should have done against Preston in telling Wilbraham to tell his team to stop time wasting.  I think the players would have known exactly where they stood with him and ran it well.  Not sure the linesmen were as good though as they seemed to leave all the decision making to the ref.

One decision I remember was to award us a ferric in our own box for CMS apparently fouling Flint. It was never the right decision, as Flint had a hold of CMS shirt. CMS didn't do anything. Not that I'm complaining mind!

I always have a picture in my mind of Peterboro being a really niggly irritating team to play.

In fairness, considering the pressure on both teams, was played in a good spirit by and large and do not recall the agression spilling over other than once or twice. Other than the pen shout, no real key decsions to make either. Ref did well, as did the teams in making it fairly easy for him.

One decision I remember was to award us a ferric in our own box for CMS apparently fouling Flint. It was never the right decision, as Flint had a hold of CMS shirt. CMS didn't do anything. Not that I'm complaining mind!

Yep that was clearly a pen and a red card.

I thought that could have been bad for us on first viewing but seeing it on the re-run CMS has hold of Flint's arm and that's what the ref blew for.

He was perhaps a little slack when it came to awarding yellow cards, but that was preferable to some of the refs who scatter cards around for nothing tackles. He seemed to have some common sense which is a lot of refs lack

I thought the ref had a very good game. In fact possibly the best ref performance I have seen for us this season and in a whole.

Exactly what you want from a ref : minimal fuss.

yestedays ref was amazing compared to what we had for swindon and preston games. Shows what skyTV does!

Not always sky. I'm STILL bitter about a certain Uriah Rennie at home to Brentford in the playoffs.

Hands down the worst refereing performance I have ever seen. The Chelsea v Barca ref was outstanding compared to Rennie that day. Never forgiven him and will never forget.

I still struggle to believe he was anything other than bought off.

No ones mentioned it, so perhaps I saw it wrong, but at the end of the first half it looked like Flint elbowed their defender. The one that came out with a bandage second half. From where I was stood he appeared to look at the player then put his elbow out?

He did however go and apologise at half time as they were leaving the pitch.

Archived