IGNORED

Todays Matches

cityexile

Talking of Yeovil v Preston, I had a surprising experience last night.

I hopped on my usual 17.12 train from Temple Meads to Taunton and into a crowded second class carriage (as usual).

Fortunate to grab a seat, I quickly realised there were several lads in the carriage in blue PNE tops.  It clicked that they were due to play in Yeovil today, so it made sense that a number of  noisy twenty something supporters might be making their way down on the Friday train.

Anyway I buried my head in my book. Looking up 10 or 15 minutes later, it struck me that a couple of faces looked familiar. Ah ... Neil Kilkenny and Simon Grayson. Only then did I realise I was sharing my Friday night commute with the Preston first team!

As we all piled off at Taunton station I managed to edge close to Grayson & cheekily ask if they couldn't afford a coach these days. He took it well & said they often travel to away games by train on a Friday (and had done the same last week).

I said I was a City fan & couldn't wish them luck. His parting shot was "I don't know what game your manager was watching last week!" I gather he thought they deserved their win.

Talking of Yeovil v Preston, I had a surprising experience last night.

I hopped on my usual 17.12 train from Temple Meads to Taunton and into a crowded second class carriage (as usual).

Fortunate to grab a seat, I quickly realised there were several lads in the carriage in blue PNE tops.  It clicked that they were due to play in Yeovil today, so it made sense that a number of  noisy twenty something supporters might be making their way down on the Friday train.

Anyway I buried my head in my book. Looking up 10 or 15 minutes later, it struck me that a couple of faces looked familiar. Ah ... Neil Kilkenny and Simon Grayson. Only then did I realise I was sharing my Friday night commute with the Preston first team!

As we all piled off at Taunton station I managed to edge close to Grayson & cheekily ask if they couldn't afford a coach these days. He took it well & said they often travel to away games by train on a Friday (and had done the same last week).

I said I was a City fan & couldn't wish them luck. His parting shot was "I don't know what game your manager was watching last week!" I gather he thought they deserved their win.

Grayson's a Richardhead. Who cares what he thinks.

There was a local schools incentive today driven by the Supporters Trust.

Are there not rules against child cruelty?

Being serious, sounds like a good intiative. Was following the game, and a bit like against us it did feel that your goal was coming, but leaving it late this time.

If Mk beat Sheff Utd, for me even at this early stage it will start to look like 2 from 4.

There was a local schools incentive today driven by the Supporters Trust.

Just asked a Swindon fan on TFF's. 3500 kids were on the Stratton bank today funded by their trust. I suggest it was slightly more amicable than the last time 3500 were on there!

A 7K crowd without the freebies is probably about right for your lot Rich especially as Fleetwood only took 110.

Just asked a Swindon fan on TFF's. 3500 kids were on the Stratton bank today funded by their trust. I suggest it was slightly more amicable than the last time 3500 were on there!

A 7K crowd without the freebies is probably about right for your lot Rich especially as Fleetwood only took 110.

That was nice of them giving up the lovely stratton bank with its lovely toilet facilities. I just hope it didn't rain for them.

Yeovil today looked a far superior team than you lot did last week. I think your bubble will burst very soon.

This one's a cracker! Its December on Monday, what bubble exactly will burst?

As most independent reports of our games report, there is only automatic spot to play for.

Get used to it.

Archived