IGNORED

New Project For Next Season

Negan

Evening all... I'll just copy what I have just put on twitter to here as can't be assed to type it up again... Anyway let me know what you think and if you want to get involved PM me (obviously you would need to be in Bristol for it to work) <ok>

Been thinking about an idea for a while now. At first it was a MOTD idea where we would have a fan from each of the top west country teams to come together and make a programme (youtube) and talk about that weeks games. So for once we could watch a show where it's just about our local sides and it would be better than a 1 minute highlight video and 15 seconds of talking, but that idea was put to bed before it was up due to video rights and trying to get a fan from each team into a studio in Bristol every weekend but then I found @TheRedmenTV (http://www.theredmentv.com) it's a great idea and really works. Obviously it being Liverpool its bigger and better than what a Bristol City one would be but I really think it could work.... Would take a lot for it to work but I think it can be done and would be a success... If anyone is interested in trying to get this idea/project off the ground let me know. Would hope to get it started for the start of next season

Just to simplify it.. Would be looking for 3-4 Bristol City fans to be filmed before/after each game to talk about:

1) what's been happening at the club that week

2) pre match talk

3) post match talk

4) Twitter/Facebook/Forum reactions

It won't be paid work obviously and it would probably need to have some money put into it for studio/cameras etc.. I know this won't be easy and there are a quite a few things to sort out before this could even work but I honestly believe it can. Obviously it won't happen overnight but I think that start of next season in a realistic target.

So again if you want to get involved or have any ideas please let me know by either private message or comment below... Cheers

Will definitely be interested can not think of anything better than trying to publicise the club in new ways! What's your twitter and I'll dm you?

Great news and @Brett_Liddiatt

I've watched a few of The Redmens videos and I see no reason why we couldn't make it work for us. Would be great to have something for the fans by the fans about our club. We have a big enough following for it to take off so just hoping I can get enough interest!

It's extremely important if this takes off, that it is free to air and easily accessible for all city fans. Not like bloody player. It will however require some form of funding from the fans to allow it to continue

It will ALWAYS be free to air. Youtube is a great thing, wouldn't want fans paying for it as it probably wouldn't work as you're not going to pay so much a month for something you've never heard of. That is the biggest problem is the funding to get it started but I think once it's up and running that will be it, as it will just be people turning up on the Saturday to be recorded.

Nice idea - for it to grab attention it needs to look really good. Editing has to be slick and cameras have to be excellent quality. What anyone says needs to be easily understood.

Yep agree with you, ideally it would need a team of around 6-8. Would need 4 panellists each week, camera guy and someone to edit it and make it look good. I've got a little experience in editing videos on YouTube but not much. That hardest part about getting people to help would be telling them it's as a volunteer and no money will be made

Can the video include the following points:

The presenter has to be fat.

Pre match predictions must always predict we win, no matter what our form or opponents.

Must show travel to away games including at least one mandatory takeaway.

Must include opinions of other inbred fans who all predict a win.

If you adhere to these rules, it'll be a winning formula.

Pre match predictions must always predict we win, no matter what our form or opponents.

ok....

I hope you're not taking the mickey , I think the videos of which you speak ( I think I know the ones ) are brilliant.

I've not managed to sit through a whole one but I understand he's been approached by George Lucas to film subsequent Starwars films.

Oh and you forgot you have to swear and shout at players/refs/things as though you're not holding a camera and filming at the same time.

I hope you're not taking the mickey , I think the videos of which you speak ( I think I know the ones ) are brilliant.

I've not managed to sit through a whole one but I understand he's been approached by George Lucas to film subsequent Starwars films.

Oh and you forgot you have to swear and shout at players/refs/things as though you're not holding a camera and filming at the same time.

What show is this?

What team is that

I've been talking to Andy Stockhausen this morning and he thinks it's a good idea and he is happy to publicise it in the Bristol Post/Online once it's up and running, which is great and I thank him for that! Quite a few city fans have got in touch with me on twitter wanting to join up, one being a graphic designer, so at the moment things are going well. Still a lot to do but there are so many clubs that do this and it works for them, our audiences wouldn't be as big as theirs but if successful then we're looking at 1-5k followers. Going to try and message Made In Bristol now but I cant send them a DM on twitter unless the follow me back, clicked on their website and its still being updated by the looks of it so have no way to contact them

Again if you want to get involved PM/DM/@ me

It's not a show. It's a YouTube highlights video done every week by a fat sag. It's pretty shit!

I've got to admit i've seen a couple of them and they are quite entertaining in a morbid curiosity kind of way. I loved the one he did for the game at ashton gate last year. Watching Jet and Bryan bang in our goals from the sags point of view was an absolute pleasure to watch!! :D

Archived