IGNORED

Player Killed In Argentina

cider-manc

It's not shocking. It happens every year.

Of course it's shocking unless you were aware of these figures. Which I wasn't, presumably because our media have chosen to give Argentine football related killings minimal publicity over a long period.

If the same level of murderous mayhem was happening here the national outcry would be such to ensure professional football in this country would be halted, and the worldwide negative publicity ensure England as a football nation would be ostracised internationally as a pariah.

So why is the same not happening regarding Argentina?

sadly thats what its like out there, yet nothing will be done about it due to weak authorities in that part of the world,

I estimate health and safety regs in that part of the world are on a par with 1920's Britain and neither is there the same public or moral outrage that you would witness here to incidents such as these.  You're not comparing like with like.

I know a Brazilian lad who was at the Rovers derby and he could not believe how in-aggressive the police were.  They just waltzed on several minutes later as if to say ''come along you chaps, move along now, that's enough of that''. He found it hysterical. Back in Brazil they would have charged in and battered the absolute living crap out of the invaders.  Had that happened here, the police would have been very heavily chastised for heavy-handedness.  Completely different culture.

That said, FIFA should be setting standards.

edit:I speak generally, not about this exact case

It's not shocking. It happens every year.

Murder happens all around the world, all the time, for all sorts of reasons. I would still class any murder in any circumstance as shocking regardless of how often they occur.

I can't believe how little this has been picked up on by the press. Safe to say if it was a European player everyone would be condemning the attack and minutes silences across every ground- but as it's a player in South America we will have a small article midway down the BBC page.

The kind of place Argentina can be, the Top Gear boys were lucky to get out alive after their latest 'prank' with the number plates not so long back

Wasn't a fan killed out in Spain last weekend as well, barely made the news here

it was in the news I read about it on the beeb and on sky sports, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30174067

Archived