IGNORED

Todd Kane

DaveF

they were a really dirty side imho and their keeper was wasting time after about 10 minutes that did my head in

I.think.it came.from a kick.of football finesse as much as everything. " We can't beat em on the ball so we'll just clatter them. Reminds me of when I played. Just turn your head as you go in.and hope you hurt the opponent..-.

So did Kane play as a genuine midfielder or was he ostensibly operating on the right but the quirks of Cotts system brought him inside? I think it'd be very interesting if we're playing him in a midfield 2 or 3 because such changes to a loan players position or style of play tend to mean he'll become permanent sooner or later...

So did Kane play as a genuine midfielder or was he ostensibly operating on the right but the quirks of Cotts system brought him inside? I think it'd be very interesting if we're playing him in a midfield 2 or 3 because such changes to a loan players position or style of play tend to mean he'll become permanent sooner or later...

He lined up and played central midfield, he started out in a defensive mode alongside Pack, but was already pushing forward more before we went 4 4 2 in the second half. As someone said he looked very "elliotesque" to the point I wasn't sure who it was for first couple of minutes. He looked good in the position except for the final pass, which all things considered is understandable.

He lined up and played central midfield, he started out in a defensive mode alongside Pack, but was already pushing forward more before we went 4 4 2 in the second half. As someone said he looked very "elliotesque" to the point I wasn't sure who it was for first couple of minutes. He looked good in the position except for the final pass, which all things considered is understandable.

Sounds promising. I'd not seen anything about him playing centre mid before, so I wonder if this was an experiment or where Cotterill sees his future in the game. Regardless, it doesn't strike me that Chelsea are looking to keep him- top teams are usually quite prescriptive about where their players play while on loan if they see a future for them

Sounds promising. I'd not seen anything about him playing centre mid before, so I wonder if this was an experiment or where Cotterill sees his future in the game. Regardless, it doesn't strike me that Chelsea are looking to keep him- top teams are usually quite prescriptive about where their players play while on loan if they see a future for them

Maybe. It just shows how different Managers can get away with things if they are doing well though. Remember the stick our Manager got for playing the left back Danny Rose as a left winger? Tottenham didn't appear to have an issue with that at the time, but the fans here gave the player and the manager stick for it.

Maybe. It just shows how different Managers can get away with things if they are doing well though. Remember the stick our Manager got for playing the left back Danny Rose as a left winger? Tottenham didn't appear to have an issue with that at the time, but the fans here gave the player and the manager stick for it.

Danny Rose was a winger at the time though converted to left back a at Sunderland (iirc)!

I think there was much debate over Rose's position and iirc, didn't he play once at left back for us and the general consensus was that he was rubbish there?!?!

I think there was much debate over Rose's position and iirc, didn't he play once at left back for us and the general consensus was that he was rubbish there?!?!

Yes maybe. Not good enough for us as I recall but has become a pretty good player at Prem level, so the consensus was clearly right again.

Archived