IGNORED

Balls..

redsontour

Ok, can anybody explain the ball number allocation for the FA cup?

It was easy originally, but now I'm confused. Ok, teams from Prem & Championship now get allocated based on alphabetical standings, but other than that the other teams seem random. I've even looked at the last 2 rounds, but still no luck in comprehending what the numbers come from.

What I do know is a) it's not JETs fault b) it's not Lil Lee's fault & c) I can't see how it is the fault if any of our previous managers.

The numbers relate to the order from the previous round draw.

In R3, numbers 1-44 are given to the teams entering from the Premier League and Championship. Number 45 is therefore the winner of the first match drawn in Round 2.

Spoilsport - I'd love to have seen Reds working on this for months, then coming to the answer above....! No offence Reds, but you'd never crack that one!

No they're not, they all have to be the same weight. Some move more than others due to design.

The ball is:

• Spherical
  • Made of leather or other suitable material
  • Of a circumference of not more than 70 cm (28 ins) and not less than 68 cm (27 ins)
  • Not more than 450g (16oz) and not less than 410g (14oz) in weight at the start of the match
  • Of a pressure equal to 0.6 - 1.1 atmosphere (600 - 1,100 g/cm2) at sea level (8.5 lbs/sq in - 15.6 lbs/sq in) 
I would suggest that not all balls are the same (or expected to be) ;)

Archived