IGNORED

Last 8 Games.

Roadrunner

In the last 8 games we have conceded 4 goals, how impressive is that.No wonder Karleigh Osborne can't get a game. I would have liked him used in some of these cup games. As we will need him at some stage. Maybe we should send him him out on a short loan.

We already have AEA out on loan so no way Osbourne will be allowed to go.

In the last 8 games we have conceded 4 goals, how impressive is that.No wonder Karleigh Osborne can't get a game. I would have liked him used in some of these cup games. As we will need him at some stage. Maybe we should send him him out on a short loan.

Hadn't realised we had turned it around to such an extent defensively

I know a lot of people were shot down on here during 'the run' for saying we needed to tighten up at the back because we can't keep scoring 3 goals every game. Excellent news, and long may it continue

As for Osbourne, as Super points out there is no way he's going out on loan just yet. He was so unlucky to get that nasty looking injury in Botswana, and he's just not had a look in since. I really thought he was going to be one of the key players for us this season. He strikes me as the kind of guy who will be ready when he gets his chance though

I know a lot of people were shot down on here during 'the run' for saying we needed to tighten up at the back because we can't keep scoring 3 goals every game. Excellent news, and long may it continue

As for Osbourne, as Super points out there is no way he's going out on loan just yet. He was so unlucky to get that nasty looking injury in Botswana, and he's just not had a look in since. I really thought he was going to be one of the key players for us this season. He strikes me as the kind of guy who will be ready when he gets his chance though

But has he had any match practice? I haven't seen his name in U-21 games. Surely he should have had a run out in one of the cup games, even the last 10 minutes last night when the game was effectively won. What was the point in bringing on Pack and leaving Osborne as the only unsed outfield sub?

But has he had any match practice? I haven't seen his name in U-21 games. Surely he should have had a run out in one of the cup games, even the last 10 minutes last night when the game was effectively won. What was the point in bringing on Pack and leaving Osborne as the only unsed outfield sub?

Did think it was a bit odd to put Pack on and not give someone else a run out. Thinking about it, someone said on here not so long back that Osbourne wasn't playing that often for U21s.....maybe something has gone behind the scenes?

One bad tackle/turned ankle/red card and I imagine Osborne will be needed, so as much as I think he's love some game time, imagine for the sake of the team we'll be keeping him around.

Also got four games in just over two weeks coming up, so better to have the option of swapping someone out for that.

Great work from the boys in the shirts, though; really excellent.

Just to give more detail, not opinion attached at this stage:

Last 8: Goals For 11, Against 4

Previous 8: Goals For 20, Against 14.

We've reduced our goals conceded by 71%, but also sacrificed 45% of our goals scored.

Very small data set but still, there you go.

I was one of those that was concerned about our 2 goal a game leakage. I am thoroughly impressed with the tightening up job we have done. 3 clean sheets in a row as well now?

Great spot, everyone. Whilst obviously made up that we have bounced back from those 2 defeats, I had no idea we were being so parsimonious at the back. I'll freely admit, Woodsy, I was one of those who said we can't keep conceding three and expecting to win, so hats off to the team and coaching staff.

I'd like a similar GA return from the next 8 league games, giving us, as we are going forward at the moment, a really good chance of winning most of those games:

Creepy

Crewe

Yeovil (the Cyder Cup)

Gillingham

Notts

Scunny

Donny

Fleety

After that it's MKD away, a tough one and I'll take a point from that now.

But those next 8 games look eminently winnable: http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

Great spot, everyone. Whilst obviously made up that we have bounced back from those 2 defeats, I had no idea we were being so parsimonious at the back. I'll freely admit, Woodsy, I was one of those who said we can't keep conceding three and expecting to win, so hats off to the team and coaching staff.

I'd like a similar GA return from the next 8 league games, giving us, as we are going forward at the moment, a really good chance of winning most of those games:

Creepy

Crewe

Yeovil (the Cyder Cup)

Gillingham

Notts

Scunny

Donny

Fleety

After that it's MKD away, a tough one and I'll take a point from that now.

But those next 8 games look eminently winnable: http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

SC does continue to amaze me, Enclosure. To turn it around that quick is pretty remarkable considering there's 4 of the better teams in L1 on the list of who we've just played. We've done the whole anniversary thing, but I couldn't have been any more wrong in my views on the bloke

And those 8 games - Yeovil won't be easy, despite their current problems. Donny away not a walk in the park, but the rest.....time to make some hay here, me babbers

Did think it was a bit odd to put Pack on and not give someone else a run out. Thinking about it, someone said on here not so long back that Osbourne wasn't playing that often for U21s.....maybe something has gone behind the scenes?

Has struggled with niggly hamstring/calf injuries since start of season and whilst he has benched he is not fully fit so hence hasn't been risked. Once back to full fitness I'm sure he will still have a big part to play for the remainder of a long, long season. Very good player at this level and decent cover across the back 3.

SC does continue to amaze me, Enclosure. To turn it around that quick is pretty remarkable considering there's 4 of the better teams in L1 on the list of who we've just played. We've done the whole anniversary thing, but I couldn't have been any more wrong in my views on the bloke

And those 8 games - Yeovil won't be easy, despite their current problems. Donny away not a walk in the park, but the rest.....time to make some hay here, me babbers

Too wet at the moment for hay making? We just have to do a bit of winter crop gathering!

Has struggled with niggly hamstring/calf injuries since start of season and whilst he has benched he is not fully fit so hence hasn't been risked. Once back to full fitness I'm sure he will still have a big part to play for the remainder of a long, long season. Very good player at this level and decent cover across the back 3.

Now you say that I've heard / read calf is his problem, well remembered!

Too wet at the moment for hay making? We just have to do a bit of winter crop gathering!

Don't - that is too close to home with my job, I'm at work, I don't need to be reminded!!

Archived