IGNORED

Assombalonga Agard And Baldock

Marina's Rolls Royce

Signing Baldock on loan in Jan would be ideal for us tbh, knows the club, we know he can score at this level and if he can propel us to the championship all the better, may be better for Brighton if Baldock returned to them in the summer after (would be hopefully) scoring a decent number of goals in the second half of the season with us.

Love the way people are writing Baldock off after 11 or so games :disapointed2se:  ,new club,surroundings ,struggling team,rookie manager... all contribute to a less than productive START to his Brighton career.

The lad is class and i'm sure he will come good and that in the near future there will be threads lamenting the fact that he was sold ;

Whilst I'll agree he's had a terrible time at Brighton- he is far from a terrible Championship player. He's made 11 starts, been sub 2 and injured 4 scoring 1 goal. I don't think his work rate has changed though.

I still think he's a great fit for City, left our club with dignity( unlike Mickey) and would be likely to be back playing Championship football next season at a club he clearly enjoyed and we are on the up.

But there's no doubt if he does go on loan- MK Dons will move heaven and earth to get get him and I really don't think MK with Baldock would be good for our own title hopes.

We all know that strange things happen in football so we'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile we need to dispose of Crawley.

Love the way people are writing Baldock off after 11 or so games :disapointed2se:  ,new club,surroundings ,struggling team,rookie manager... all contribute to a less than productive START to his Brighton career.

The lad is class and i'm sure he will come good and that in the near future there will be threads lamenting the fact that he was sold ;

He has scored 11 goals in 44 Championship games. That is what I am judging him on.

He has scored 11 goals in 44 Championship games. That is what I am judging him on.

don't you know 95% of statistics are incorrect ?

If Prozone was the be all and end all ,every club that used it would be challenging for the Premiership title with nothing between them.

A ratio of 1 in 4 ,whilst not Messi style ,is not a bad return when you consider the greater picture.

Whilst I'll agree he's had a terrible time at Brighton- he is far from a terrible Championship player. He's made 11 starts, been sub 2 and injured 4 scoring 1 goal. I don't think his work rate has changed though.

I still think he's a great fit for City, left our club with dignity( unlike Mickey) and would be likely to be back playing Championship football next season at a club he clearly enjoyed and we are on the up.

But there's no doubt if he does go on loan- MK Dons will move heaven and earth to get get him and I really don't think MK with Baldock would be good for our own title hopes.

We all know that strange things happen in football so we'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile we need to dispose of Crawley.

Have you heard a whisper from somewhere to suggest a loan move to City is actually a possibility? Do we know that either SC or SL would actually want him back?

SB left City because he wanted to, and his early season performances for us before his departure were lacking both tenacity and finesse. As well as goals....

If Baldock has anything about him he will be determined to justify his high wages and Championship platform by becoming a regular scorer at Brighton to repay the faith his new manager put in him, not skedaddle off to a L1 club on loan at the first opportunity.

Whether City/MKDons or any other lower division club offers him a loan move in January, Baldock's professional pride should ensure he rejects it out of hand.

SB evidently thought he was above BCFC and L1, and he's now got the stage to prove it.

If, indeed, he can. 

Meanwhile Bristol City, and the fans, are quite satisfied with his replacement.

Archived