IGNORED

Fa And Tv Mess Up Again!

EstoniaTallinnRed

I commented on the BBC FB page, what a pathetic choice the Arse game is. I don't care it was last years final or that they are defending their cup .

Just jumping at every all Prem tie is really lazy and boring. There are ,potentially , some really good games and yet they choose matches that can be seen every year.

Where do I join the queue for my licence fee back.  :grr:

I commented on the BBC FB page, what a pathetic choice the Arse game is. I don't care it was last years final or that they are defending their cup .

Just jumping at every all Prem tie is really lazy and boring. There are ,potentially , some really good games and yet they choose matches that can be seen every year.

The only game that stood out for me was Wimbledon v Liverpool. Pretty boring draw with the last one out being the worst!!

BT have gone for Everton-West Ham which is far worse. The sort of run of the mill clash between 2 PL clubs that even their own fans probably aren't that arsed about.

This happens every year wether it's ITV or BBC. In rounds 1 and 2 the potential giant killing angle of the cup is exploited to the full and terrestrial tv has no interest in an all league 1 encounter as that, despite being the highest class of football available at that stage of the competition, is considered boring and not what the FA Cup is really about. Thus, if Bristol City were away to a conference  or a conference north or south club it would be most likely to be covered as it fits the criteria. Yet Bristol City v Swindon, a top of league 1 encounter, would not get a sniff of tv exposure if it was a Rd 1 or 2 cup game.

Then Rd 3 comes and the giant killing angle is ditched. If Manchester Utd are drawn away to Bristol City - the equivalent of City being away to a conference side in the 1st 2 RDS which would be a surefire choice for live coverage - it doesn't get a look in as far as live games are concerned if there are all premier cup ties to choose from.

The daft thing is the Walsall of Div III South victory over the mighty Arsenal in 1933 is still considered as one of the greatest cup giant killings of all time. Yet had live tv coverage existed back then it wouldn't have been chosen had there been an all top flight clash to opt for.

If the tv companies want to flog the 'FA Cup is great because of potential giant killings' angle then please be consistent and apply it, where possible, to every round.

Would of thought United away at Yeovil/Accrington would of been a live game.

It is.

That article seems so intent on stating its own opinion, it handily sneaks the fact that Dover v Palace, AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool, & Accrington/Yeovil v Man Utd are also being televised into the penultimate paragraph.

I agree, ultimately, that better choices can be made, but to be fair only Everton v West Ham is a poor choice. There are 3 potential "giant-killings", and Arsenal v Hull is last season's final, so even if I'm not particularly bothered about it I completely understand the logic for choosing it.

I also don't quite get the "over 4 days" argument.

Sure, it always used to be played on one day, and that's the tradition, blah blah blah. But just because it's been done for years doesn't necessarily mean it's the best way possible. No one moans that they don't play all the World Cup games on the same day - the constant nature of it is what appeals. To me, the last couple of FA Cup weekends have been great - starting on a Friday night, lots of games on the Saturday, some live footage from a fair few games on the Sunday, AND an extra game on the Monday? Sign me up.

If anything, that kind of scheduling gives MORE scope for better coverage of the smaller teams.

Um, I mean, ANGER ANGER DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING.

This happens every year wether it's ITV or BBC. In rounds 1 and 2 the potential giant killing angle of the cup is exploited to the full and terrestrial tv has no interest in an all league 1 encounter as that, despite being the highest class of football available at that stage of the competition, is considered boring and not what the FA Cup is really about. Thus, if Bristol City were away to a conference  or a conference north or south club it would be most likely to be covered as it fits the criteria. Yet Bristol City v Swindon, a top of league 1 encounter, would not get a sniff of tv exposure if it was a Rd 1 or 2 cup game.

Then Rd 3 comes and the giant killing angle is ditched. If Manchester Utd are drawn away to Bristol City - the equivalent of City being away to a conference side in the 1st 2 RDS which would be a surefire choice for live coverage - it doesn't get a look in as far as live games are concerned if there are all premier cup ties to choose from.

The daft thing is the Walsall of Div III South victory over the mighty Arsenal in 1933 is still considered as one of the greatest cup giant killings of all time. Yet had live tv coverage existed back then it wouldn't have been chosen had there been an all top flight clash to opt for.

If the tv companies want to flog the 'FA Cup is great because of potential giant killings' angle then please be consistent and apply it, where possible, to every round.

I don't think we'd have been on TV away at Telford.

Abso-bloody-lutly. I am totally against coverage for any team drawn together who would routinely play each other in the league, eg no all Prem ties whoever they are, no local derbies if they are in the same division. FA cup should always be about big v little and potential giant killing. I'd much rather see Blyth v Brum than Arse v Hull.

Abso-bloody-lutly. I am totally against coverage for any team drawn together who would routinely play each other in the league, eg no all Prem ties whoever they are, no local derbies if they are in the same division. FA cup should always be about big v little and potential giant killing. I'd much rather see Blyth v Brum than Arse v Hull.

So would any real football fan. The problem is that TV is directed at the plastics :(

So would any real football fan. The problem is that TV is directed at the plastics :(

I have come to accept that for tv football in general, but the FA cup needs to be totally different. One year didn't the BBC follow one club's fortunes through the rounds, if the club got knocked out they then followed the club that beat them. I thought this was a good approach.

I'm totally against all Prem pairings in particular, until it gets inevitable anyway. Infact I'd even introduce a World Cup type seeding draw where clubs in the same division couldn't play each other for a while..that way we would never have got ruddy Doncaster!

Archived