IGNORED

Ayling Stutter

TRL

Agree. I look at him and think he has the potential to get better as he goes up the leagues.

2 goals in 150 appearances for Yeovil. 2 goals in 20 appearances for us.

For me, it is his buccaneering runs out from the back that are most impressive, he is a pretty good defender, but the ability to run beyond the midfield though the middle is a quality most in a more central defensive position do not have, I guess that is the left back in him, but he does seem fairly assured going forward with the ball at his feet.  Yes it leaves holes at the back, but i think it gives more to the team

Wasn't there someone on here who slated him for having a stutter when we signed him?... What a clown, fair play to Ayling, he's heen class this season and deserves praise!

There was and I tore into them as my son has a slight stutter. Part of my lads 'therapy' to minimise the effect is for him to force himself to speak publicly. He uses Ayling as a bit of an inspiration now and it's gradually bringing him back to City from Chelsea. All strength to Luke!

That takes guts, someone who is clearly trying to control a bad stutter willing to get on the radio and talk.

Of course he maybe okay with it anyway, but nice to see it doesn't seem to worry him.

Why the **** would you feel the need to start this thread..?!

For those who wonder why I started the topic, it was more to highlight the strength of mind of the lad.  I know several people who stutter who are massively introverted, this guy has overcome that quite clearly, and to that end surely the mental strength is worth pointing out, as well as footballing ability

For those who wonder why I started the topic, it was more to highlight the strength of mind of the lad.  I know several people who stutter who are massively introverted, this guy has overcome that quite clearly, and to that end surely the mental strength is worth pointing out, as well as footballing ability

I drink with my boss and one of his mates, who has a stutter. He's an introverted guy.

My analysis is that we're living in a sensitive and politically correct age wherby explically staying things publically, without thorough explanation, inevitably leads to public damnation by default.

I drink with my boss and one of his mates, who has a stutter. He's an introverted guy.

My analysis is that we're living in a sensitive and politically correct age wherby explically staying things publically, without thorough explanation, inevitably leads to public damnation by default.

Aye, sad state of affairs really.  Someone always wants a pop for some forum kudos

For those who wonder why I started the topic, it was more to highlight the strength of mind of the lad. I know several people who stutter who are massively introverted, this guy has overcome that quite clearly, and to that end surely the mental strength is worth pointing out, as well as footballing ability

But wouldn't you also be surprised to hear about a footballer who doesn't do interviews because he has a minor stutter? I bet he would rather people didn't highlight such an insignificant characteristic, even in praise! More so a thread solely on his ability and what SC touched upon, his much loved personality within the dressing room would of been more appropriate?

I have a stammer and it has been very difficult at times to work around it during a long and successful career in business. Luke's impediment is not too bad and he shows tremendous guts to do radio interviews. He is a strong character in a team of strong characters and our team is looking really good as a result. Full respect!!

Archived