IGNORED

Have Some Back!

42nite

After 87minutes of blatent time wasting, their no.8

I think it was, was having a right paddy at the ref when Frankie gave them some back. Ha

AVE IT!!!!

I always think it is grossly unfair when a team deliberately timewaste when the result is going their way, and then when they concede and are chasing the game, the ref announces  mega added on time, which then could work to their advantage. Don't really have a solution tbh.

Couldn't believe only 1 minute was added in the first half, should of been a minimum of 25 minutes their keeper sat down, had his lunch, had a cup of tea, waited 5 more minutes then took his kick..

And attempting to change their throw in taker every time they had a throw, they got exactly what they deserved

I always think it is grossly unfair when a team deliberately timewaste when the result is going their way, and then when they concede and are chasing the game, the ref announces  mega added on time, which then could work to their advantage. Don't really have a solution tbh.

I think the answer is that the team time-wasting should not be advantaged. So maybe the ref offers the time-wasting minutes to the other side on 90 minutes and they can accept or decline them then. Obviously if both teams time-waste during the game then this might not work so well (I cant see a ref managing a net time wasting count.).

Maybe do what that ref did - don't play the entire amount of time announced. He played 3 and a half minutes of the four.

Of course, he should really have warned the Crawley time-wasters before it had all got to that stage. A threatened card might chivvy them along a bit.

I reckon they wasted well in excess of the 5 added minutes which also included the substitutions, goal and injury to their keeper. 

Sprinted for the corner in the final minute though! Horrible side to watch. Expecting much the same from Crewe next week!

Crewe are a good club with good history and a great reputation for bringing through talented young players. I can't see them shutting up shop at all. I think they'll go for it.

Crawley on the other hand were time wasting in the first half, got the ball and aimlessly punted it. Horrible to watch, felt sorry for the few that travelled to see it.

If you watched it closely they were "very clever" on the goal kicks, they always had at least one player talking to the referee about something or another which was distracting him from the time wasting. Horrible boring negative tactics, if i was a Crawley fan i certainly wouldn't be paying good money to watch them away from home!!

Sprinted for the corner in the final minute though! Horrible side to watch. Expecting much the same from Crewe next week!

... after the other corners they had won saw the same taker "trotting" across to the corner flag using very tiny little steps to make it appear that they were actually hurrying - the embodiment of "going nowhere fast". There are things in the modern game which I really hate and time wasting (or "game management" - pah) is one of them.

Could anyone tell me what their 'keeper was doing in the first half - after wasting time yet again on a goal kick, he was saying something to the Ateyo and started pulling the back of his shirt. I was sat at the back of block d but missed what was said and just saw him pulling his shirt

The worst one is the poxy UEFA rule of goal kicks from whichever side you like........to speed up play!! This rule has annoyed the sh1t out of me for years as it does exactly the opposite!! Its a free chance to let the GK run ( or walk as per yesterday ) across his goal and waste time.

I think their GK did this every time yesterday.

Shocking rule. Especially when Refs do bugger all about it.

Just a thought but the solution may be to win the games against awful clubs like Crawley in the first half and then not worry about time wasting or coronary artery disease.

Another thought: don't rest your No1 striker in favour of an out of match fitness loanee just because he's on loan. Against Coventry and Crawley, the game and momentum changed when Wilbs came on and Smith went off. Surely you start with your best goal scorer and then introduce your loanee as and when appropriate. 

If Cotts followed my advice we'd probably be top of the league.

I found it interesting that in his post-match interview John Gregory said that City "know how to win games" by sending long balls to the corner flags.

To me he could have learnt a far more valuable lesson on how to win games and encourage his own side to have a single shot on target.

I found it interesting that in his post-match interview John Gregory said that City "know how to win games" by sending long balls to the corner flags.

To me he could have learnt a far more valuable lesson on how to win games and encourage his own side to have a single shot on target.

In the odd occasion they weren't time wasting or kicking lumps into our players they looked dangerous on the counter, certainly with a bit more quality up front it could of been a different result.

In the odd occasion they weren't time wasting or kicking lumps into our players they looked dangerous on the counter, certainly with a bit more quality up front it could of been a different result.

and Agard's one on one with the keeper was as a direct result of one of their ineffective counters, had they done more of that then I feel we would have opened them up on the counter counter, and therefore their defensive tactics were working to an extent. Agard did foul the keeper though the ref let it go, he did seem to be one of the more liberal refs we've had this season.

If you watched it closely they were "very clever" on the goal kicks, they always had at least one player talking to the referee about something or another which was distracting him from the time wasting. Horrible boring negative tactics, if i was a Crawley fan i certainly wouldn't be paying good money to watch them away from home!!

Not many do by the looks of it!!

Archived