IGNORED

Tom Heaton

Touch_my_butter

For those of you that play fantasy football (http://fantasy.premierleague.com) Heaton is currently the highest scoring keeper (points-wise) in the whole game.

Always nice to see an ex-City player do well in the Prem. I remember Heaton getting a lot of stick on here for the number of goals we conceded during his season here (not entirely his fault).

If you play the game: Get him in, great value & ROI. 

In real-life: realistic chance for a 2nd/3rd choice England call-up in the future?

Always thought he was a good keeper with the unfortunate timing to have a shambolic defense in front of him. And yes he also had his fair share of critics on here. He also had the smarts to only sign a one year contract and went on to better things.

Glad to see he is doing well. Would have him back here any day.

The usual folk on here were slating him claiming that the clown basso would be a suitable replacement. Nice for those of us who backed him and knew what a horse shit defense he had in front of him to see him playing so well now.

Clown Basso is a tad harsh. A few costly mistakes aside he was a very good goalkeeper for us and certainly won us more points than he cost us.

I predicted at the beginning of the season he would get called up to the England squad before the seasons end. Think it is very much a realistic possibility now, there isn't an English goalkeeper playing better than him right now.

Fraser Forsters not had a bad season. Joe Hart is still class and Rob Green has made the most saves in the league

Never heard him mention in that breath before - surely he needs to get involved with a better side than Burnley if he has any chance

Therein lies the problem with England.  What difference does it make which side he plays for, particularly in goal.  I think Hart and Forster are by far the best 2 and Ben Foster isn't all he's cracked up to be.  Heaton's got to be on the radar.  When you consider that mad Frankie F got called up having played about 3 games for Blackburn...

Archived