IGNORED

Milton Keynes Dons Away

Between heaven and hell

I felt a lot of sadness for the true Wimbledon supporters at the time of the move to MK. However the club could not viably continue given the low numbers of supporters attending the home games. Surprisingly, the noises made by the thousands of so-called fans (who never attended) after the move, gained national attention when it was all far too late.

In many respects, I would rather this happen to my team than has been inflicted on the fans of Cardiff, Hull, Leeds, Leyton Orient and others.

As others have said,its happened, nothing is going to change it, so get yourself there and support the boys. COYR.

The club has re-formed, so the club did viably continue. The same club that took the roll of honours list and is only currently one division behind MKD, who are two divisions below where the original Wimbledon were when the Norwegians first mooted the idea.

The chairman has since admitted the franchise has proved a failure and regretted bothering.

Many AFC Wimbledon fans refuse to put a penny into the franchise's coffers.

Comparisons with Whetherspoons and local pubs is also rather loose. It's of the same nature that football fans are customers and suggests that if they're not happy they can always go watch someone else.

Had football clubs and fans stayed united in their rejection of MKD, they would have struggled even more than they have and may have gone bust already.

Wimbledon fans were also span a string of lies during the process of the sacrifice of their club and not to mention a series of backtracking from the FA.

Condemning City fans for not wanting anything to go with the scum is as harsh and extreme as condemning the people who are going as lacking soul and not being 'real football fans' (not that I'm doing that, but that would be an appropriate weapon of choice).

This is about supporting your team in a massive game. Get over it it's nothing to do with us.

As football as a community aspect is nothing to do with us, I presume that there will be no more condemning of 'plastics' or Bristolian Man United fans as it doesn't matter.

That's not true, the club could easily have continued, just maybe not as one of the big clubs. The way money has gone in football means a repeat of their FA Cup win by anybody ever again is unlikely, but at the same time they were getting crowds of 6-7,000 which is more than enough to sustain a football club, especially considering crowds have increased in general since then.

The franchising of the team and move to MK was not done for the benefit of Wimbledon FC, it was done purely and simply for greed, because the owners knew they would never make a profit where they were.

Were I a Wimbledon fan, I would have much preferred to be a club in League 2, as AFC Wimbledon now are, than what they ended up with which was an ugly mess that nobody wanted much to do with.

The trouble is people will forget over time and MK Dons will become an accepted part of the football scene in this country and only a few miserable old codgers will remember.

Nobody seems bothered these days that Arsenal did it 100+ years ago......

The club was insolvent and playing at Crystal Palace before the move. The last 4 home games before the move averaged 5k and this was in the old 1st division (now championship). Not a lot of passion shown there!

The club was insolvent and playing at Crystal Palace before the move. The last 4 home games before the move averaged 5k and this was in the old 1st division (now championship). Not a lot of passion shown there!

because Wimbledon fans were boycotting he club and that 5k was mainly away fans

Well I think fans who care about the true traditions and heritage of our game and despair about certain elements of modern football are NOT "******* assholes" - they are to be admired for boycotting certain events and standing up for institutions such as Wimbledon FC and they DO go to home games and they WILL be missed.

I despair more at the people who just go to the 'big' away games and condemn people who choose not to for very good reasons.

I care about the traditions of English Football and it's 92 club league system which is the envy of fans in many other countries.

Many things have happened to break up the league system, like the breakaway to the Premier, foreign money poured in to suit Russian, Thai, Italian, American egos, and yes the removal of Wimbledon FC to a town nearly one hundred miles away.

I understand and admire your stance but boycotting our own club's matches just hurts us.

As for the fans who go to the "big" away matches, that includes me now. Over sixty five years, I have been to hundreds of away games, sometimes in the fifties/sixties I might have been the only one at midweek games like Southend.

Now I don't have the resources or the energy to do lots of travelling. But I would like to be at MK because like every other City fan, I (naively) believe that they do better when I'm there!

Forgive my ignorance, I'm American and new to this, but why would it be boycotted? I'm flying over for 10 days, and this is one the games I'll be able to attend. 

Well- it's a colony that was despicably stolen from the true owners only to become a much more successful country and causing havoc on away days in fixtures like Iraq and Vietnam.

That's why we boycott it. Well, that and the fact they've stopped doing cheap flights direct from Bristol Airport.

Well- it's a colony that was despicably stolen from the true owners only to become a much more successful country and causing havoc on away days in fixtures like Iraq and Vietnam.

That's why we boycott it. Well, that and the fact they've stopped doing cheap flights direct from Bristol Airport.

And not turning up for important games with Germany until half-time!

PS. Welcome new2city. I hope you soon get used to the warped sense of humour on here. It is typically British in that we take the piss out of everyone, especially ourselves.

How did you start to follow the greatest football club in the world?

Marina, have you forgotten the local derby with Cuba?

PS. Welcome new2city. I hope you soon get used to the warped sense of humour on here. It is typically British in that we take the piss out of everyone, especially ourselves.

I very much enjoy the humor on here, and lurk quite a lot reading everything. 

When I visited last, a City fan offered to take me to a game, but only a City game. Since the Saturday one ended up cancelled, the game I saw was in Wycombe on the Tuesday evening. But ever since then, I've followed along and I get up to listen to the games every weekend. I saved up my pennies for a return trip, and now I'll get to see 3 games. 

Marina, have you forgotten the local derby with Cuba?

Sorry- I did forget both events but bear in mind that I watch the Hollywood version of Match of The Day 

Archived