IGNORED

Bristol City Into Europe?

Dave L

I would anticipate it to be relatively good.

Apparently there is a wide variance in team's ability- some go for the fun and some go to win the tournament and are deadly serious. I'm hoping we can put a team together more than capable of competing- we'll be representing Bristol City in City kit so we want to make a really good impression on European debut!

We can field any amount of subs so there's no limit on numbers however the fact is :

We still need more players to come forward- please

Thanks very much to everyone who has so far been in touch.

We genuinely need to have a meeting about this at a venue near AG or something. Need to start planning ASAP.

Some proposals coming - will post on mon/tues.

How much are wimin of the night?

Tariff only available for those going.

If you're  staying in Bristol- you probably already know the answer locally.

UPDATE ON TEAM

The following have all expressed a very strong desire/commitment  to play in the EurpoFan Tournament in LVIV June 2015- most have sent a Pm to me.

( in no particular order)

You do the Dziekanowski

Wiltshire Red

City 169

BCFC TIM

Lita for Congo

Marcus X ( + possible mate as well)

COSMOS UK ( currently runs a football side) and is potential Manager

Tom Shorey

Bounce Around Josh

OddBall Jim ( in goal)

EC26891

BCFC11

Wiggy BCFC has stated he's up for it as sub due to being even older than Carey (!)

Jack from Rugby- has his son interested

Red snapper has offered help with training- so possible coach?

So great news- we have the core of a team. I guess we could do with taking 15 players in total. Most players are young and a couple are quite handy.

IF I HAVE OMITTED ANYONE BY MISTAKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP- ( and apologies). 

PLEASE PUT YOURSELF FORWARD NOW- YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!!!

The next step is to hold a meeting where we can discuss the trip. I will explain Logistics, detailed costs,dates, more about the Tournament and also get a local from LVIV to answer any questions on Ukraine and the city of Lviv/ food/ entertainment etc.

My suggestion is that we meet in a Pub on a week day evening somewhere close to Ashton Gate in the next week. I'll come back later with some suggestions as to venue and day.

As an exile, I would struggle to make a weekday meeting - but it depends when and where il try my best.

If not am happy to Skype/facetime/call someone before / after to be briefed.

I could probably get a couple of other players but they wouldn't be City fans so I'd class them as a last resort if we are desperate! Wouldn't want a genuine fan to miss out

Hello Bristol City fans!

Sorry to disturb you here but unfortunately since January I didn't receive any

information from Marina's Rolls Royce and I don't know what to think now :sad26:

If out of some reasons trip of the Bristol City fans team to Lviv is canceled - maybe someone could

confirm it?

If everything is fine and the organizers just need some more time to make all necessary arrangements -

I would also like to be informed.

Looking forward to hearing from organizers of the trip and hope to meet you in Lviv in June 2015.

Cheers, Slavik (novytskyi@gmail.com)

Hello guys, this is Slavik from Ukraine, I am a co-organizer of a large-scale international tournament for football fans from European countries. It's called EUROFANZ and it's held every year in Lviv, Western Ukraine, since 2007. Maybe some of you would be interested to organize Bristol City fans team and take part in the tournament? There is a separate thread on the OTIB with all necessary details: 

Cheers,
Slavik.

Archived