IGNORED

Who Ate All The Pies?

WolfOfWestStreet

Pretty sure I just saw Wade Elliot queueing for a pieminister in St Nicks market.

That is all

This perfectly illustrates what's wrong with modern footballers. In the good old days they would eat a Clarks pie. (and then go to the pub for a pint or two)

When I was a kid in the 70's, I used to buy Shoot! magazine, they used to have player profiles with all their info...Favourite meal was usually Steak and Chips.....

My claim to fame was that I appeared on the front cover of Shoot in a close up crowd shot. It was taken at an away game against Birmingham City back in either the very late 60s or early 70s. We lost by the way.

I'm surprised in this age of small margins in sport that player's diets aren't more tightly regulated.

I'm not saying it's wrong, just that there are better foods to eat for an athlete.

Chris Froome won't be eating take-away meat pies a couple of days before performing.

I'm surprised in this age of small margins in sport that player's diets aren't more tightly regulated.

I'm not saying it's wrong, just that there are better foods to eat for an athlete.

Chris Froome won't be eating take-away meat pies a couple of days before performing.

I hear what your saying, but footballers though aren't at the pinnicle of athletics and so abit of lee-way is fine, while their very fit they don't require perfection for what they do on a diet basis. A top athelete however does and it's only at the very top where tiny details in diet matter and can make a difference.

Archived