Nogbad the Bad

After the Yeovil game our next 6:

28/12 Gillingham (A)

3/1      Doncaster (A) F.A. Cup

6/1      Gillingham (A) JPT

10/1    Notts. County (H)

17/1    S****horpe (A)

24/1    Doncaster (A)

Our 2 Cup draws mean we're not only playing the same 2 teams twice in this 4 week period, we're also travelling to each of their grounds twice.

Another long trip to S****horpe inbetween and just 1 home game, V. Notts. County, with Fleetwood to follow the second Doncaster expedition at the end of the month.

Not particularly arduous in terms of number of games, but with 5 away games a gruelling amount of travelling for players and fans.

Pretty well unheard of to visit 2 clubs twice in such quick succession, and you'd think the close proximity of such games against the same team is bound to have some effect on performances.

Certainly wouldn't want this sort of fixture list to be repeated later in the season.

Would we take going out of both Cups if we get the 6 points from Gillingham and Doncaster? On balance, as much as I like the F.A. Cup, I think I would.

I see a JPT final and the play offs - we know what that means - at this rate. :no:

After the Yeovil game our next 6:

28/12 Gillingham (A)

3/1      Doncaster (A) F.A. Cup

6/1      Gillingham (A) JPT

10/1    Notts. County (H)

17/1    S****horpe (A)

24/1    Doncaster (A)

Our 2 Cup draws mean we're not only playing the same 2 teams twice in this 4 week period, we're also travelling to each of their grounds twice.

Another long trip to S****horpe inbetween and just 1 home game, V. Notts. County, with Fleetwood to follow the second Doncaster expedition at the end of the month.

Not particularly arduous in terms of number of games, but with 5 away games a gruelling amount of travelling for players and fans.

Pretty well unheard of to visit 2 clubs twice in such quick succession, and you'd think the close proximity of such games against the same team is bound to have some effect on performances.

Certainly wouldn't want this sort of fixture list to be repeated later in the season.

Would we take going out of both Cups if we get the 6 points from Gillingham and Doncaster? On balance, as much as I like the F.A. Cup, I think I would.

I see a JPT final and the play offs - we know what that means - at this rate. :no:

We won't be playing Donnie on Jan 24.

Either they will be playing an F.A.Cup 4th round match, or we will. All depending upon the Jan 3 result, of course.

We won't be playing Donnie on Jan 24.

Either they will be playing an F.A.Cup 4th round match, or we will. All depending upon the Jan 3 result, of course.

Ah, cheers GB , less arduous than I thought then. Unless we win and get another long trip in the 24th.

Potentially a day off on the 24th then - though no doubt we'd try and play the home Peterborough game, postponed from 3rd Jan.

Ah, cheers GB , less arduous than I thought then. Unless we win and get another long trip in the 4th.

Potentially a day off on the 24th then - though no doubt we'd try and play the home Peterborough game, postponed from 3rd Jan.

Peterborough already have a league fixture that day, against Notts County, I believe, can't see them agreeing to play us as well :-)

Peterborough already have a league fixture that day, against Notts County, I believe, can't see them agreeing to play us as well :-)

Gillingham also playing on the 24th, against Oldham, so no chance of arranging the JPT home leg for that day.

Day off then if Doncaster knock us out.

Archived