IGNORED

Merry Christmas

alexukhc

Tried some lovely ciders recently,

Black fox, Rosie, Wyld wood, Orchard pig, all beautiful ciders, on the other hand going north really does depress me when there's watered down, over sweetened shit such as Strongbow on tap and in local shops.

Think the best cider I've seen outside of the south west on tap is gold in Norfolk, couldn't believe my luck.

You're not many miles away from me. I'm in South Oxfordshire.

The rule is you keep to cider when in the West Country and when back here you switch to decent local beer like Brakspear.

Decent cider you just will not find outside the west.

Curiously, I found some decent local cider in Castletown, IoM. There's some acceptable cider in Sussex and Kent, but the plastic pub chains don't stock it :(

Best Cider of all is found at Roger Wilkins at Mudgeley Nr Cheddar. Superb Scrumpy. Was there a few months ago and Roger was having a breakfast half pint when an old dear brought her old husband into the barrel room. He had just got out of hospital and all he could think about was when he got out was  to go to Rogers for a Pint of Scrumpy. Proper Job :farmer:

You're not many miles away from me. I'm in South Oxfordshire.

The rule is you keep to cider when in the West Country and when back here you switch to decent local beer like Brakspear.

Decent cider you just will not find outside the west.

Manila is a fair click from South Oxfordshire squire ;) Out here we do have a lot of cider to choose from though.

Archived