IGNORED

Todd Kane

formerly known as ivan

Thought he was outstanding today in a position he is not known for. Didnt catch who was man of the match but if it wasn't Kane he couldn't have been far off.

Not sure of Chelsea have plans for him. Highly doubt it as he is young and English. Based on today he looked like a possible long term replacement for Elliott.

Would be good to see him have a run of games in midfield to see if he can perform well consistently.

He was indeed MOTM and well deserved. I was very impressed with him today, only saw a brief sub appearance previously. Would be very pleased if we could keep him here for longer, or relieve Chelsea of him. Very classy and confident player.

Motm was Kane, and I would agree, I'd keep playing Kane as next choice CM or even push Freeman forward a bit and stick him in with Elliott and Smith. Can't say I've seen much of him but thought he was excellent today, could be worth a cheeky bid to try and sign him permenantly in Jan or at least loan him till the end of the season?

Sorry, I didn't realise "open goals" included those where the keeper was in goal. Terrible miss, granted, but hardly an open goal

Well he could see a gaping net in front of him, and the keeper somewhere off to his right.

To allow some leeway to Smith, the cross was whipped in very hard and it ballooned upwards because of the speed it was travelling. No excuse for his first miss though. It's one of the most shocking I've ever seen.

On a par with Wilbraham against PNE ?

Rounded the keeper then ballooned it into the Atyeo.

TBH, I think it was worse because of the time he had to control the ball, turn and he could have taken several steps without being in any danger. It was an inexplicable decision to blaze into the side-netting. Rush of blood to the head job. Watch it on YouTube when it's up.... and weep!

My point was that Wilbraham didn't get a lot of stick even though his shocking miss contributed to us losing.

Smith had a shocker and missed a couple of sitters - but he scored and we won yet he's getting a shed load of stick.

I think Wilbs always contributes lots even when not scoring. Smith scored, but looked unfit and was very, very slow. I'm glad he scored, but my point is I don't think he looks like he's the answer to our missing striker problem.

When he looked unimpressive on earlier outings, I was the first to bring up the point about Wade Elliott's premature slating. But, as has been said, he's been here a little while now, and I don't think he's going to be the guy we want to take our season on.

I'm by no means downbeat after getting three points and avoiding a potential banana skin, though C. See my Luke Freeman thread contribution for a summary of where I thought we ARE getting it right. :-)

I think Todd would be a very good addition to the squad and we haven't really seem him play in his natural position yet. He looks a quality midfield player which is strange because he doesn't appear to have played there before, I wonder how Chelsea feel about him playing there? Perhaps he's just never had a chance with the embarrassment of riches they have in that area.

As well as he played though, I do feel we missed Wade's "game management skills" yesterday, the experience that he and Wilbraham bring to the game is so useful at the end of these type of games.

Archived