IGNORED

Bt Sport Now

GrahamC

Rangers are shambolic.

To think on a recent topic on this board about 'clubs you respect' someone actually mentioned Rangers and how they 'have taken their punishment and are now making their way back to the top' or words to that effect!

Fans deserve so much better than the utter crooks that have plagued their club for a decade and continue to do so.

At least now they are finally attempting to do something about it as the 'it's all the other clubs/taxman/SFA/SPFL against us' propaganda is being shown up for the rubbish it was.

In the event Rangers actually fail to get a third successive promotion this season it will further spur on those clubs jostling for 2nd spot in the Prem. The shake up has already happened and, in my view, can only be good for Scottish football which we all know has hitherto had a serious lack of competition outside the old firm. The likes of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, the only two clubs probably with reasonable support and potential, need to invest wisely and attempt to get into that elite club for the future.

On reflection, however, it is unlikely to happen but the Scots can dream for a while I guess. It would be rather nice for those 'relative' minnows if Rangers stayed down in Div 2 or whatever they call it now for one more season. 

There has been so much going on I haven't followed it too closely, but read recently that.....

It was found that the relegation was wrong , in hindsight and that the punishment unnecessary. If this is true it's too late to do anything about.

That there is no 'new co' so they are the same Rangers but while the FA want monies owed (by the 'old' club) they still refuse to pay money owed in prize money.

While the Hearts owner was allowed to have interests in another club in a different league Mike Ashley's interest in Rangers is being investigated due to his holdings in Newcastle.

How much of this (and a lot more) is true, and how much fan speculation I don't know. I do know if it was City in that situation and everyone using all things as a stick to beat the club with, I'd be shouting conspiracy from the roof tops.

I don't think a poor Rangers helps the Scottish League at all. The only way Celtic will not win the title for the foreseeable is complacency. It has gone to a one horse race from two, while the only competition is for second place. The league needs not just a strong Rangers but Aberdeen, Hearts and Hib's at least.

Archived