IGNORED

Best Result Of The Season So Far Today.

GrahamC

I know Gillingham aren't great but to go into the game without our first choice front two and our captain obviously not fit either to then win at a canter is some effort after the slog it was to beat Yeovil in horrible conditions only two days ago.

Cotterill deserves all the credit going, a brave team selection today and maximum points over Xmas.

Today's result proves again that we have the best squad in this league at the present time IMO. It's a compact squad but high on quality, not something we've had for many years.

SC is in a position where he can make 3,4 or even 5 changes quite comfortably with the quality of the first 11 remaining roughly the same.

That's one of the main reasons why it's difficult to see us not competing just as strongly in the second half of the season as we have in the first.

The squad won't be flooded with players this January like it was last January, I see two or three signings at the most - but all of a high quality, hopefully.

I know Gillingham aren't great but to go into the game without our first choice front two and our captain obviously not fit either to then win at a canter is some effort after the slog it was to beat Yeovil in horrible conditions only two days ago.

Cotterill deserves all the credit going, a brave team selection today and maximum points over Xmas.

Considering the players missing I thought the performance was impressive. Always in control and played some nice stuff. What other side in this league could look so good going forward without their two main strikers? That said my only complaint would actually be that we weren't quite ruthless enough today.

SC knows what he's doing. He's assembled a tight squad packed with quality. Fair play to big Matt Smith today. Also JET looked a lot sharper than in recent weeks.

Considering the players missing I thought the performance was impressive. Always in control and played some nice stuff. What other side in this league could look so good going forward without their two main strikers? That said my only complaint would actually be that we weren't quite ruthless enough today.

SC knows what he's doing. He's assembled a tight squad packed with quality. Fair play to big Matt Smith today. Also JET looked a lot sharper than in recent weeks.

That said Taylor, it has also been said after many games this season so far including our 3 defeats, it's a pity but bear in mind the apparent lack of chances created over the past 5 years, it would be great to be in a more comfortable position than we are, but that is never and probably will never be the BCFC way.

That said Taylor, it has also been said after many games this season so far including our 3 defeats, it's a pity but bear in mind the apparent lack of chances created over the past 5 years, it would be great to be in a more comfortable position than we are, but that is never and probably will never be the BCFC way.

Very true EMB. I think in general given the level we are at a sense of realism is needed and we simply can't beat teams comfortably all the time, just my opinion that if there was a complaint today it was that. However chipping away and winning games is what counts at the end of the day. All very well MK Dons smashing teams for 6 or 7 only to get well beaten at home to the likes of Walsall.

Very true EMB. I think in general given the level we are at a sense of realism is needed and we simply can't beat teams comfortably all the time, just my opinion that if there was a complaint today it was that. However chipping away and winning games is what counts at the end of the day. All very well MK Dons smashing teams for 6 or 7 only to get well beaten at home to the likes of Walsall.

I think some don't always credit the fact that there are 2 teams playing, look at Chelsea for instance a month ago they were running away with it and now Manc are only 1 win behind.

Archived