IGNORED

We Might Not Get Promoted This Season

Shelton’s Love Gravy

I honestly fear for some of the fans on here if we don't get automatic promotion this year. I actually think they may have to reopen that helpline they used when Take That broke up the first time.

If an asteroid 2 kilometres across lands in Brislington, we will need all the helpline we can get.

It just occurs to me that we might not get promoted this season if there is a mass extinction event on a similar scale to the Cretaceous-Paleogene or the Permian-Triassic.

Trilobites might make a comeback though so things wouldn't be all bad.

Don't understand the reference but not getting promoted would feel like a kick in the testes.

Think everyone's keeping their shit together as well as can be expected up to now. Fleetwood drawing tomorrow an it will be Wall Street 1928 all over, though.

Are you on about dinosaurs an such like?

The extinction event at the Cretaceous-Paleogene boundary was the one which wiped out the dinosaurs, yes. It is now widely believed to have been caused by a meteor which struck the earth.

However the Permian-Triassic event happened much earlier, before the dinosaurs. It finished off the trilobites, wiped out sea scorpions and is the only mass extinction to have impacted catastrophically upon insect populations.

It has also become known as "the Great Dying".

The following link will provide you with more fascinating information:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_extinction_events

Personally, I think Aden Flint would stand a decent chance of surviving a meteor impact (or even a sustained eruption of the Siberian traps). Aaron Wilbraham might also cling on at a pinch. However I am far from confident that every member of our squad would make it through such an event.

flinty needs far too much sustenance to survive an extinction-scale impact. Maybe freeman would stand a better chance.. Lee johnson would be ok for sure. Saying that, flint just might be able to crane his beck above and beyond tge toxic dust cloud.

In seriousness though, I we do fail, we should look no further than our 'tenants'. Now there's a group of fans that know the meaning of the word frustration.

If an asteroid 2 kilometres across lands in Brislington, we will need all the helpline we can get.

No asteroid would ever land in Bristol as the impact crater it created would make a natural bowl that could be used as a stadium so it would know such a thing would never be allowed here by the City Council.

It just occurs to me that we might not get promoted this season if there is a mass extinction event on a similar scale to the Cretaceous-Paleogene or the Permian-Triassic.

Trilobites might make a comeback though so things wouldn't be all bad.

Trilobites? Is that Lyme Regis Town?

No asteroid would ever land in Bristol as the impact crater it created would make a natural bowl that could be used as a stadium so it would know such a thing would never be allowed here by the City Council.

Especially if people had been emptying their dogs on the site :nono:

Well this forum will be a mod down if that's the case, I'll sure you'll cope. Play nice and please do not swear.

The extinction event at the Cretaceous-Paleogene boundary was the one which wiped out the dinosaurs, yes. It is now widely believed to have been caused by a meteor which struck the earth.

However the Permian-Triassic event happened much earlier, before the dinosaurs. It finished off the trilobites, wiped out sea scorpions and is the only mass extinction to have impacted catastrophically upon insect populations.

It has also become known as "the Great Dying".

The following link will provide you with more fascinating information:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_extinction_events

Personally, I think Aden Flint would stand a decent chance of surviving a meteor impact (or even a sustained eruption of the Siberian traps). Aaron Wilbraham might also cling on at a pinch. However I am far from confident that every member of our squad would make it through such an event.

Although I expect Flinty would get his head to the meteor and probably nod it back into orbit, imagine the consequences if he didn't?!

The big beasts - like Wilbs, Ayling and, er, me - wouldn't be able to survive the catastrophic change in the environment.

Smaller mammals might thrive though. Todd Kane, Wade Elliot, Joe Bryan. Bobby Reid all might have a viable future

In fact, a comet strike might be GJ's best chance of surviving Yeovil....

The asteroid analogy is ridiculous, Bristol's duly elected super hero, would don his disguise of red trousers catch it and then position it somewhere where there is a lot of empty wasteland waiting to be developed, like say the UWE where it would become a huge visitor attraction a proper and fitting use of that piece of neglected land.

Archived