IGNORED

Mk, Pne, Swindle: Very Impressive

Marina's Rolls Royce

MK are out of the FA and JPT but are doing very well as top scorers and have 2 games in hand on the current leaders. The loan of Afobe ( 18 goals) was inspired and they have the young Alli ( 10 goals) who is bound for much greater things . Watch out for their latest sensation Tshimanga who has scored 36 goals so far this season for the U18's . YES THAT'S 36 GOALS !! Possibly a record breaker this season.

Preston are still in FA Cup having beaten a good Norwich side, playing Walsall in the JPT who they're likely to beat over 2 legs and are a real threat in the League- one win from us with a top striker and interesting new additions.

Swindle are broke, a bit cheaty,  out of the FA & JPT yet sit on top of L1 with a load of loan players and a Manager proving a chip off the old block of his brilliant Dad ( and I hope he's so proud of his son and this helps his recovery) - who did similar for us when we were broke. In theory they should be fighting relegation.

These three teams are, however much it annoys me, bloody impressive all things considered.

Meanwhile, BCFC are potentially going to have the best season in living memory. Great Manager, great young team, great owner and ( soon) great new Ashton Gate.

I hate L1 but , wow, what a season this could be.

Good way to look at it BUT as I said to a close friend of mine who's swindle . If we miss out on promotion this would be scandalous for us after spending 113 days on top.... BUT whoever does go up... Will 100 percent deserve it this year... Still firmly believe it'll be us and come march it'll be a 2 horse race not 4.... Either way here's to a great 2015

The only things I'd add are that we've had numerous youngsters score for fun in the reserves, yet end up out matched in the real business. As good as the lad might be, he'd need to be Ali Mk II straight out of the gate in terms of quality to really make too big a difference to the league result.

Additionally: not sure who this striker you mention at Preston is? SEB? As good as he CAN be, the lad may not be up to match fitness, and though Matt Smith is showing us that is no barrier to scoring crucial goals, may not be quite as influential as Garner would be, of he weren't crocked just now.

And Swindon are one day into a transfer window that their own chairman has openly suggested could see them lose players. Not only that, but they've played just a couple of matches since they lost two influential players to a cup, so am wondering how they'll fair come Febuary, if fiscal reality bites.

Otherwise; see your points. But being we've stayed top of the league over Christmas without several key players, I'm not to fussed about the opposition until it is time to face them.

COYR

We will see how impressive they and we are in April when we play Swindle and Preston in a week, both 6 pointers if there ever was one; when its quite likely the top two places will be decided. :sweatingbullets:

Smash Swindle and go up with Preston will do just fine

The only things I'd add are that we've had numerous youngsters score for fun in the reserves, yet end up out matched in the real business. As good as the lad might be, he'd need to be Ali Mk II straight out of the gate in terms of quality to really make too big a difference to the league result.

Additionally: not sure who this striker you mention at Preston is? SEB? As good as he CAN be, the lad may not be up to match fitness, and though Matt Smith is showing us that is no barrier to scoring crucial goals, may not be quite as influential as Garner would be, of he weren't crocked just now.

And Swindon are one day into a transfer window that their own chairman has openly suggested could see them lose players. Not only that, but they've played just a couple of matches since they lost two influential players to a cup, so am wondering how they'll fair come Febuary, if fiscal reality bites.

Otherwise; see your points. But being we've stayed top of the league over Christmas without several key players, I'm not to fussed about the opposition until it is time to face them.

COYR

Yes I meant Garner. SEB is a gamble- could make the difference - might be a Tyrone.

We've never had a an U18 scoring 36 goals before Xmas- it's genuinely impressive . This lad has now signed professional terms.

Swindon- who knows what their horrible owner will do ? But MC has done pretty bloody well on no money and loans- just like his Dad.

I try to be dispassionate, Samo, but I'm with you on not being fussed about the opposition as I think we've got more fuel in our tank than them. I don't believe that on our day, with a full and fit 11( the usual) that anyone is better than us or can match us. A new face to 2 as cover or as a challenger would also be most welcome.

Yes I meant Garner. SEB is a gamble- could make the difference - might be a Tyrone.

We've never had a an U18 scoring 36 goals before Xmas- it's genuinely impressive . This lad has now signed professional terms.

Swindon- who knows what their horrible owner will do ? But MC has done pretty bloody well on no money and loans- just like his Dad.

I try to be dispassionate, Samo, but I'm with you on not being fussed about the opposition as I think we've got more fuel in our tank than them. I don't believe that on our day, with a full and fit 11( the usual) that anyone is better than us or can match us. A new face to 2 as cover or as a challenger would also be most welcome.

Hadn't meant to dismiss the lad's quite incredible scoring rate; he must have something about him, I have no doubt. Just seen too many wunderkinder step up, only to look bang average to be worried about his contribution to the title fight is all.

And as mentioned; don't disagree with your assessment, by and large.

Do think we've a genuine fight on our hands, but then that was always going to be the case.

I'll admit to being concerned that SC is so relaxed about strengthening the side; recent 6 man benches would perhaps suggest we are not as deep as might be hoped.

However, I've faith in the gaffer; he's turned us from genuine relegation candidates into a record equalling unit, who've managed to be top of the league at the turn of the year, so he's clearly doing something right. And on their day this squad of players is formidable, and should rightly fear no one.

Good way to look at it BUT as I said to a close friend of mine who's swindle . If we miss out on promotion this would be scandalous for us after spending 113 days on top.... BUT whoever does go up... Will 100 percent deserve it this year... Still firmly believe it'll be us and come march it'll be a 2 horse race not 4.... Either way here's to a great 2015

I wonder how the Gas felt last season. Spent just 45 minutes in the relegation zone over the whole season... the final 45 minutes haha.

League one is a four-way battle, but I would argue that there are two factions.

On the axis of evil:

Swindle, Franchise Fc.

On the axis of good:

Yours truly, and our pals at PNE.

In an ideal world we would go up with PNE.

Unfortunately, it is my opinion that one of those cretinous clubs is bound to gain promotion, be it autos or play offs.

MK are out of the FA and JPT but are doing very well as top scorers and have 2 games in hand on the current leaders. The loan of Afobe ( 18 goals) was inspired and they have the young Alli ( 10 goals) who is bound for much greater things . Watch out for their latest sensation Tshimanga who has scored 36 goals so far this season for the U18's . YES THAT'S 36 GOALS !! Possibly a record breaker this season.

Preston are still in FA Cup having beaten a good Norwich side, playing Walsall in the JPT who they're likely to beat over 2 legs and are a real threat in the League- one win from us with a top striker and interesting new additions.

Swindle are broke, a bit cheaty,  out of the FA & JPT yet sit on top of L1 with a load of loan players and a Manager proving a chip off the old block of his brilliant Dad ( and I hope he's so proud of his son and this helps his recovery) - who did similar for us when we were broke. In theory they should be fighting relegation.

These three teams are, however much it annoys me, bloody impressive all things considered.

Meanwhile, BCFC are potentially going to have the best season in living memory. Great Manager, great young team, great owner and ( soon) great new Ashton Gate.

I hate L1 but , wow, what a season this could be.

A bit cheaty... :laughcont:  :laughcont:

Archived