IGNORED

Free Rugby Tickets?

RegC

Get a move on then City (Or Bristol RFC, whoever is holding things up!) surely it;s not too hard a decision to make?

Everyone I know who goes to the egg-chasing rugby has said what a great time they're having at AG this season, incidentally, so it'll be nice to go along and see what all the fuss is about!

I thought it was there first game at AG against Worcester in August / September?. I claimed my free ticket for that one.

I think the point was it was sold as a free ticket from a choice of games and at the point of the Worcester game it was also said there would be the opportunity at future games but since then its all gone quiet!

• Admin

By the end of the season with the low capacity they'll sell out easy like the mem was sold out last season

Very true, but the rugby fans had the opportunity to come to the Crawley game last month, I would have assumed that they would not have found room for them all, but wasn't an issue

Would be interested to know how many people did take the offer of the tickets up for the first game

I think the point was it was sold as a free ticket from a choice of games and at the point of the Worcester game it was also said there would be the opportunity at future games but since then its all gone quiet!

Which is one of the reasons I find the lack of announcement surprising.

If someone goes to the rugby for the first time and enjoys it, there is every chance they'll buy more tickets so I thought they would do this sooner rather than later. The longer they leave it the less opportunity there is to part people from the monies needed to buy tickets for the remaining games.

If someone goes to the rugby for the first time and enjoys it, there is every chance they'll buy more tickets so I thought they would do this sooner rather than later. The longer they leave it the less opportunity there is to part people from the monies needed to buy tickets for the remaining games.

I have been led to believe the hold up is due to the caterers. When you get your ticket for the game you will also get free food vouchers.

• Admin

Wouldn't that in theory already happened after the Worcester game?

Would have thought that the majority of those who wanted to see rugby would have gone to the Worcester game, and thus purchased tickets for all the fixtures since then?

Wouldn't that in theory already happened after the Worcester game?

Would have thought that the majority of those who wanted to see rugby would have gone to the Worcester game, and thus purchased tickets for all the fixtures since then?

Maybe some people did/have done. The problem with the Worcester game was that it was early season/holiday season so a lot of people wouldn't have been able to make it and with the offers being for selected games, for those who've not yet been able to claim their free ticket knowing what remaining games they can choose from would be helpful!

• Admin

Maybe some people did/have done. The problem with the Worcester game was that it was early season/holiday season so a lot of people wouldn't have been able to make it and with the offers being for selected games, for those who've not yet been able to claim their free ticket knowing what remaining games they can choose from would be helpful!

Don't want to be seen to be disagreeing for the sake of it, but I always assumed the original wording was misleading about being a choice of games etc.

Not sure the theory about being early in the year etc is a reason to push for additional games, assume there would always be the posibility that some people can't make the game etc.

My personal opinion is that they chose Worcester as they would bring a decent following so the attempt was to boost the home support as much as possible, of course the other valid point that you raised was that people would hopefully come back again - again being the first game of the season is the ideal time for this.

As above, I believe the wording was misleading, but understand the same message was given to the rugby fans, and they were only offered the Crawley fixture (would assume that was why the segregation was moved over an additional block ???)

Just looked Bristol have 5 more home league games

Potentially a home time in the B&I semi final

Then potentially two more fixtures in the play off semi and final (both 2 legs)

Still think Bristol Sport will use the opportunity to boost the crowd in one of the play off games

Don't want to be seen to be disagreeing for the sake of it, but I always assumed the original wording was misleading about being a choice of games etc.

Not sure the theory about being early in the year etc is a reason to push for additional games, assume there would always be the posibility that some people can't make the game etc.

My personal opinion is that they chose Worcester as they would bring a decent following so the attempt was to boost the home support as much as possible, of course the other valid point that you raised was that people would hopefully come back again - again being the first game of the season is the ideal time for this.

As above, I believe the wording was misleading, but understand the same message was given to the rugby fans, and they were only offered the Crawley fixture (would assume that was why the segregation was moved over an additional block ???)

Just looked Bristol have 5 more home league games

Potentially a home time in the B&I semi final

Then potentially two more fixtures in the play off semi and final (both 2 legs)

Still think Bristol Sport will use the opportunity to boost the crowd in one of the play off games

Dave has already confirmed that another game will be announced soon, so it's just a case of waiting for that announcement.

Maybe they will keep the offer back for the potential play off final leg to be played at AG8 and assumedly against Worcester.

What better way than getting in a full house for this?

They want to get people interested before then.  Worcester brought a lot of supporters down for the league game and will for the play off should it come to pass.  When you consider the crowd for the Plymouth game on New years day was 10700 I would presume they think they can sell out both the play off semi final and the final itself. Plymouth are the worst side in the league but there was still over 10k.  Amazing support for the standard they are at at present.   

If they get to the Premiership, I know loads of people who would get a season ticket.  Their crowds will probably surpass ours - even with us in the Championship.  Bristol are potentially the biggest rugby club in England and one of the biggest in Europe.  Just need to get in the Premiership and then Mr Lansdown will get his wallet out..

Bristol are potentially the biggest rugby club in England and one of the biggest in Europe. ..

It is now a very long time since Bristol have been a very big club.

To break into the top three just in the south west will still be a challenge as Bath Exeter and Gloucester are all well established.

Can't say I ever read that if we didn't attend the Worcester game there would be a second choice?

Surely anyone really interested in Rugby would have gone to the first game of the season?

If they were free/available they may have taken that option. The offer was for a free ticket to selected games. It didn't suggest multiple free tickets to multiple games, just that more than one game would be selected for people to choose from.

Archived