IGNORED

Prince Ali Of Jordan To Challenge Sepp Blatter For Fifa Presidency

Coxy27

I'm sure some will be aware of this, as it is a headline on BBC Sport, but thought I'd open it up for discussion.

Article on it here: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30692577

In my eyes the cancer within the game that is Sepp Blatter has been allowed to manifest for far too long. I'm disappointed there isn't a candidate from what would be considered a 'major football nation' within Europe, or from Brazil or Argentina, but anything, surely, must be better than Blatter.

I'm sure some will be aware of this, as it is a headline on BBC Sport, but thought I'd open it up for discussion.

Article on it here: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30692577

In my eyes the cancer within the game that is Sepp Blatter has been allowed to manifest for far too long. I'm disappointed there isn't a candidate from what would be considered a 'major football nation' within Europe, or from Brazil or Argentina, but anything, surely, must be better than Blatter.

Pretty much how I see it too.

The voting system means candidates have to appeal to a bunch of third world countries where the FAs are controlled by corrupt cronies of SB though, so anything could happen.

And last time we had a president from a major football power - Havelange of Brazil - he was as dodgy as Blatter, and probably set the organisation in its downward spiral.

Pretty much how I see it too.

The voting system means candidates have to appeal to a bunch of third world countries where the FAs are controlled by corrupt cronies of SB though, so anything could happen.

And last time we had a president from a major football power - Havelange of Brazil - he was as dodgy as Blatter, and probably set the organisation in its downward spiral.

That last part is true, it does make you think that it probable that it's not just the president that's been corrupt, there's probably an inner circle of powerful influences who've remained mostly the same over that time. 

It would be nice to see Blatter voted out as well; rather than see him slipping into retirement (with a huge golden handshake, no doubt),and with the timing being of his own making.

The problem is Sepp knows if he is voted out, unless he dies first he will probably end up in prison for the rest of his life, if his predecessor releases all of the papers that Blatter refuses to.

Archived