IGNORED

Carl Shutt .... Last City Player To Score 4 In A Game Before Tonight?

headhunter

Was in 1988 against Fulham (5-1?), all at the old Open End I think.

Fair play to Smith for proving me and many others wrong - I was describing him as a right lardy arse watching him at Donny on Saturday.

Shutt went to Leeds in 89 in exchange for the legend that is Bob Taylor.

Joe Royle was the previous 4 goal man on his debut against Boro in Nov 77 (4-1). I don't think he scored more than half a dozen in the next 12 months until a hat trick vs. Coventry (5-0) on Boxing Day 78

Was in 1988 against Fulham (5-1?), all at the old Open End I think.

Fair play to Smith for proving me and many others wrong - I was describing him as a right lardy arse watching him at Donny on Saturday.

Shutt went to Leeds in 89 in exchange for the legend that is Bob Taylor.

Joe Royle was the previous 4 goal man on his debut against Boro in Nov 77 (4-1). I don't think he scored more than half a dozen in the next 12 months until a hat trick vs. Coventry (5-0) on Boxing Day 78

Always liked Shutty, even though we was an (alleged) dipsomaniac.

Very popular here, at Leeds and at Bradford. No great skill, but he worked his arse off and would run through a brick wall if the ball was on the other side.

He was clever enough to run round it in search of the ball.

But not clever enough to avoid falling over his own feet and headbutt the EE wall

Weird game that one against St Albans, I seem to remember we all applauded both their goals and gave them a standing ovation as they walked off. they were totally outclassed but they worked their back sides off.

Weird game that one against St Albans, I seem to remember we all applauded both their goals and gave them a standing ovation as they walked off. they were totally outclassed but they worked their back sides off.

Yes, they came to play football, not to put 11 behind the ball. Note also that it was the real fans who stayed behind to applaud them off, not the prawn-munchers...

Archived