IGNORED

Train Tickets For Jpt......

Redarmy987

• Admin

The other thing, if someone was to get on the train at Parson Street, as there is no option to buy a ticket from this station they could continue they're journey and of course make themselves available to buy a ticket from a conductor on the train.

If the train just happened to be really busy, what a shame if the conductor never got through the train !

As Parson Street has no option to purchase a ticket, the penalty fare can't be enforced - just saying (of course I wouldn't want to encourage any fare dodging)

The other thing, if someone was to get on the train at Parson Street, as there is no option to buy a ticket from this station they could continue they're journey and of course make themselves available to buy a ticket from a conductor on the train.

If the train just happened to be really busy, what a shame if the conductor never got through the train !

As Parson Street has no option to purchase a ticket, the penalty fare can't be enforced - just saying (of course I wouldn't want to encourage any fare dodging)

But what happens when you get to Paddington and the barriers there?

If I remeber rightly if they expect a lot of football fans the barriers are open remeber saying this summer on my way home from Paris could have gotten away with not paying as the barriers were open due to Man City and arsenal fans in the charity shield!

• Admin

Not all platforms have them - also the disabled barriers are much slower opening.

Of course as a paying traveller wouldn't want to put the idea in anyones mind

Remember going to the Hull match, ticket never checked up or back on the train, and witnessed numerous people travelling for free

If you don't make yourself known to the conductor immediately the. It does become enforceable

• Admin

If you don't make yourself known to the conductor immediately the. It does become enforceable

Asked the guard on the train this morning - he said it was the train managers responsibility to check all passengers have a valid ticket and not the other way around

Asked the guard on the train this morning - he said it was the train managers responsibility to check all passengers have a valid ticket and not the other way around

True, but if a passenger gets on the train without a ticket, isn't it his responsibility to seek out the conductor to buy one?

Archived